Find
Notify
Tools

Stainless double??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Has anyone on here bought or built a stainless double rifle? If so, please post pics. I'd love to see them. One day, when I have some money to play with. I'd like to build a stainless double with a super fancy walnut stock.
Cool Cool
Thanks in advance.

ES

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Butch built ONE ..
i think that's all that had been done

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Fuchs had a nice sidelock 577 at his booth at SCI.

http://www.fuchs-fine-guns.com/

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Butch built ONE ..
i think that's all that had been done

Butch offered a stainless double rifle in a synthetic stock double rifle back in the late 80s. He did this with Alaska, and canada hunters in mind. They didn't sell well, so were discontinued , after only two or three!

The last one I'm aware of sold out of Butches store for something like $12K as a collector item. The last one I know of that was owned by PH from Africa, who had it for sale at the Dallas Safari show a few yrs ago, for $9K, and it sold there.

I hunt Alaska a lot, and I thought about buying one for hunting in Alaska's coastal rainy September/October weather. While Butch was selling them, they sold for around $6k made to order! One of those chambered for 450/400NE 3", or 450NE and blacked over the stainless steel would still be a good idea for Alaska Brown bear guides, or client hunters there!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch Searcy has built all stainless doubles in 470 nitro and a 4 bore all stainless. They do look different. Not for everybody though.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote