THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Caliber, Weight, Barrel Length
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caliber, Weight, Barrel Length
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
26 inch barrel! All else is hierarchy!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Rusty, Are you meaning HERESY ? Confused

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omnivorous_Bob:
Don't imagine, ask Cal what his 28" 4-bore DR feels like shocker

I guess black powder was, or was thought to be, slow burning; the sight radius would probably not have been a factor in the 4-bore. The only one I've seen appeared to have barrels about 22 inches long.

Posts: 5111 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
26 inch barrel! All else is HERESY!

+1 tu2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote