Notify
Tools

NORTH FORK BULLETS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted
Hello all,

I am going to try North Fork flat point solids and cup point solids for feeding my 470 NE Searcy.

A few questions,

1 I seem to remember a discount was given a while ago for AR members??

2 I plan to work up to the same load I have used for very successfully with Hornady DGX bullets.
106 grains of IMR 4831 with a Federal 215 primer. What loads have you guys used???

Thanks again,

Jamie

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of NF bullets as are many here.

I believe the discount was for a limited time and ended in November.

Srose and Michael458 tested the NF in a double. Check the thread about "Double Bullet of the Future" - the load they use is listed on the photos of the target or body of the post.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Thanks CMCDoc,

Would you mind coppying and pasting the link??

I am terrible at using the search function..

THANKS!!

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Honkey:
Thanks CMCDoc,

Would you mind coppying and pasting the link??

I am terrible at using the search function..

THANKS!!

Honkey

Just below this thread, which is now at the top. Go down about midway on the page or you can.......

http://forums.accuratereloadin...831089541#3831089541

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I over-bought on reloading supplies and posted a few items in the classifieds. They include 500 grain SWIFT A-Frame bullets, 500 Grain Barnes Solids, and both new and once fired Norma brass.
I still,.heve these items.
Any interest?

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

But I am pretty well stocked up on brass and I only want for North Fork bullets.

Cheers

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
North Fork will have a booth at the Dallas Safari Club Jan. 6-9. They may have some show specials or Contact John Koegler at
North Fork for Tech. Info. The NF Flat Nose and Cup Solids are "Bore Riders" and NF. suggests that you use 1 & 1/2 grains LESS powder to start. I am using the North Fork solids (both types) in my 450/400 NE 3 inch now with great success. Currently testing with RL#15 and a foam wad I am down
almost 4 grains for the same speed with North Forks versus Woodleighs. 66 grains of RL15 and 400 gr. NF. solids produce 2050 fps. and 69 1/2 of RL15 produce 2060 with the Woodleigh
400gr soft nose in my K Gun. I have no experience with the 470 NE. Pressure with the North Forks appears to be lower too. Accuracy is great.
Be careful, follow all reloading rules,
Good luck and good shooting

Tetonka
DRSS 450/400 NE 3 IN. K-Gun

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
THANKS!!

I ordered some last night.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

one of us
posted Hide Post
MOST of the time, NF's do indeed regulate/attain correct velocity, at a grain or 2 less than the Woodies....been my experience anyway.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote