One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted
Hello the camp.

Came across this for good price.
Figured it was worth playing with.
O/U 12ga 3" 21" barrels.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Being an o/u you should have an easy time of regulation. Keep us posted as to your loads and targets.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See that's what you get for hanging around Bal. rotflmo

Have fun.

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't work out i can sell it to Bill73
He has a thing for those O/U guns.

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
Picture of FLGrizzy
posted Hide Post
Hope it shoots well. That is AWESOME !!!!!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!!!

Posts: 489 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wounded leopard muti! great weapon! Let us know how she shoots

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice. What company built it? Looks like a great close range thumpers rifle.

D R S S member as of 4/30/2014.

Posts: 56 | Location: Spring Hill, TN USA | Registered: 04 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Nice gun buddy,what do you hope to shoot out of it? Weight & speed?
My O/U Dr in 458 Lott is hands down the most accurate & fast handling gun that I own Wink

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
My O/U Dr in 458 Lott is hands down the most accurate & fast handling gun that I own Wink

Frowner

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
No idea what regulation load is or was.
Spanish maker so we will try Brenneke slugs.

Fun Will Ensue.

Need better pad.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking rifle. Keep us posted on how it works.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like it was longer and cut down. I would like to get something similar someday.

Posts: 56 | Location: Spring Hill, TN USA | Registered: 04 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Model is Lamber Unifrance.

Cleaned up the barrels and crowned them

Edge of trigger guard was a knife edge softened and blued it.

Shot some brenneke slugs offhand, hit the tree I was aiming at.

I have 10 boxes of various slug ammo on the way.

Hope to have by the shoot next fiday.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where did you find the double trigger version, and if I may be so bold how much did it run you? I searched for one and all I can find is a single trigger at CDNN.

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
It came from CDNN they are sold out of the double triggers.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a novel, radical idea: you could use it as a shotgun. If you were to do that, you could hunt "birds," which are comparatively small animals, almost all of which fly. Just avoid ostrich.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Have some Brenneke KO Sabots on the way, some Federal Fusion Sabots, Kent Brenneke slugs, Brenneke Black Magic and some Commander IDS Sabots.

Weights range from 7/8 to 1 3/8 oz.

Speeds range from 1450 fps to 1700 fps.

Last of the ammo should arrive today.

Nitro out.

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hope one of these works.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I don't remember which forum but the discussion was shortbarrel big bores. The writer had a SxS in 375 with 16" factory barrels made for the Indian trade. Beautiful gun as I really like short barrel big bores. This does look like the perfect wounded Leopard gun.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So the Brenneke Black magics are 600gr moving at around 1500 FPS. That's a little better than the BP 500 of years past.

Glad to see CDNN is sold out.....or else I would be tempted to try one on hogs Cool flame

Posts: 51 | Location: NTX / NWPA | Registered: 11 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimbabwe:
I don't remember which forum but the discussion was shortbarrel big bores. The writer had a SxS in 375 with 16" factory barrels made for the Indian trade. Beautiful gun as I really like short barrel big bores. This does look like the perfect wounded Leopard gun.

I can't remember his name but there was a PH in Tanzania who built a follow-up rifle for following up wounded lions and buffalo. It was a Mod 70 Pre 64 rifle chambered for 458 Win Mag with a 18 inch barrel and fitted in a black synthetic stock. His trackers and driver named it "THE BLACK BITCH". He told me "the fact is it works for what I built it for!" Eeker

I have a Pedersoli Kodiak double chambered for 458 RCBS, that I have been thinking of cutting it back to 16 inch barrels and re-regulating it if necessary, and mount a dovetail for a combat high intensity light under the barrels for follow-up on bears in the alders. The rifle is barrel heavy anyway, and shortening the barrels will balance the rifle better, and be usefull as well!

The reason I haven't already done that is, I was thinking or re-boreing the barrels to 58 cal. and re-chambering the rifle to 577 Snider,or the 58 Berdan Musket. Either would lighten the barrels and make the rifle a fun gun to hunt with using a very low pressure round like the Snider.

Haven't made up my mind yet but either way it would be something very unusual to own and hunt with.

..................................................................... tu2 or thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mac, a Snider double is just too darned much fun to contemplate. Please post if you start this project!
What is it about these bore rifles and such?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Mac, a Snider double is just too darned much fun to contemplate. Please post if you start this project!
What is it about these bore rifles and such?

Clearwater Reboring Has a fixture that allows re-boring double rifle without separating the barrels.

Clearwater Rebore Pricing

PRICES EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2014

Rebore pistol or revolver barrel $ 180.00
Rebore Rifle barrel $ 260.00
.......for each inch over 26" (up to 30") add ..$6.50
Rebore, cut new neck and throat $ 395.00
Rebore and rechamber $ 475.00
Rebore double rifle $ 1420.00

Rebore rifle barrel on combination gun (drilling, etc) ................................per barrel
-

The guy who has this worked for LeBounty till he retired then took over the business. LeBounty is the guy who designed the fixture.

I've been thinking about this for some time. I have a V. Haffner cape gun that is 20 ga on the left barrel, and 58 Berdan carbine on the right. That is a fun gun to hunt with as well. Decisions, decisions............... Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any update on this? I am trying to get a Condor outback shooting slugs into one group. SO far the bottom barrel shoots a tight group and the top barrel shot one group. Trouble is they are separated by 6 inches vertically

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Sorry No updates.
Been traveling.
It got cold up here.

Maybe spring.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA