THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Ernest Hemingway's .577 Westley Richards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ernest Hemingway's .577 Westley Richards
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of tim416
posted
James Julia auctions is located about forty miles from my home. Yesterday they auctioned off several firearms including Ernest Hemingway's .577 Westley Richards. It went for
$295,000. I only missed the bid by $290,000 Wink
http://jamesdjulia.com/auction...66&sale=303&lot=1139

Posts: 254 | Location: Maine, USA | Registered: 02 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Do have a clue what that Army & Navy .500 NE went for?

Mike

Posts: 21302 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and the 299K had the buyers commission of 15% added...so total an the hammer was $339,250!! Wow!! That has to be a record for ANY WR Droplock, even some of the Sheiks gold laden show pieces!!

The Army and Navy 500 did NOT sell. The estimatd price in the brochure was $15-20 K.
You can still call Julia and place a late bid on the non-sold items...remember to stipulate if your bid is with/or before commission!!
You would get it if you offered into the etimated range, my bet?? Not a bad price for that!!
Cheers

470EDDY

Posts: 2576 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote