Find
Notify
Tools

Gun shops in New Orleans
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted
Going to be there for a week in August. Obviously the word "humidity" is not in the vocabulary of the moron who set up this meeting.

Are there any worthwhile (firearms-related) places of interest in the Chocolate City?

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to be a good place on the north side of Veterans Highway east of Causeway. Had a HUGE White Shark mounted on the front of the building. Big Grin

Can e-mail my armed to the teeth Uncle who still lives in town and ask him the best current locales.

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not any more,im afraid.New Orleans Arms closed in the 70s&Lynton McKenzie& Gene Clark left towm a few yrs later.Big loss for the nice gun nuts around here.call when you get to towm if i may help with anything.BEST,kim Kimroux7@wmconnect.com.888-1008

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Yes,you nailed it on the Humidty,Vegas is Lucky it doesnt have it!I am a Nawlins native..In Metairie,there is Pugilas Spting Goods on Veterans Blvd as mentioned above(Huge shark in front)..There are several smaller shops in Metairie and surrounding towns,but nothing great anymore. If you go to French Quarter,there is a antique shop with guns,swords,coins, and lots of old neat stuff.The name escapes me at the moment,but it is on Royal Street right down from the Court of Two Sisters Resturant...Worth a look for sure.Be careful on side streets at night and Hurricanes! Smiler

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been in that shop a million times. The guy used to have a collection of Blunderbusse's.

A block or so down hang a left on ST. Peter to find the original Pat O'Briens. A half block or so towards the river is one of my old residences. Great to see the front door of Pat O's in one direction and the Levee in the other.

Head a block toward the river from Pat's and hang a right on Chartre Street. Walk a couple blocks and find K-Paul's restaurant. Best Jambalaya anywhere (almost as good as mine) Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kim's right not much left. Cabela's is about 60 miles out of town. They have a couple of big bore and double rifles. There are no good deals there. There was a Searcy and Merkel in 470 for $12,000. A couple nice bolt guns in the $5000+
The taxadermy is worth the ride. Depending upon when you are in I may even run you up there if you have the time. PM me if you are interested.
JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Go here. Have a great muffuletta.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks alot Rusty, wait to I tell the world about your best deer stand. Now days you want to do Drago's for grilled oysters, New Orleans food and Spirts for Voodo crawfish rolls, Crazy Johnnys for steak, Bozo's for fried sea food, Cafe Minh for anything they offer. You can spend more money but you won't find better.
JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Se le bon ton roulette!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JD,

If you think his deer stand is something, you oughta see his ground blind on Bourbon Street!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Puglias is all new stuff.2 shops on Royal that had blunderbusses-Rothschilds,now closed since Katrina&Cohens-way overpriced for quality.Primo++ gunsmith ~200 mi NW of NO but rarely has anything for sale.THE guy for repairs on Fabbris,Purdeys,H&H etc.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Now, Jim! You promised not to mention my table over at Margaritaville!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My home town. It's not the heat, it's the stupidity! Wink

You guys have nailed it. Sad day when Uglesich's closed though. Now Anthony Uglesich had the best oysters in town, always, period.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Casamentos still open sometimes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim should I tell Rusty that the prettiest girls on Bourbon st are guys,or just let him find out for himself.
JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you think I am kidding your wrong.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:
Been in that shop a million times. The guy used to have a collection of Blunderbusse's.

A block or so down hang a left on ST. Peter to find the original Pat O'Briens. A half block or so towards the river is one of my old residences. Great to see the front door of Pat O's in one direction and the Levee in the other.

Head a block toward the river from Pat's and hang a right on Chartre Street. Walk a couple blocks and find K-Paul's restaurant. Best Jambalaya anywhere (almost as good as mine) Big Grin

MAC,didnt know you were a Nawlins boy!I had a bar on 333 Bourbon (and 4 others) when i lived there...lots of good memories(mammories)>I am there right now soaking up some good cajun food and dealing with horrendus humidty too!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emergency PM Sent!!

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SAFARIKID:
quote:
Originally posted by Macifej:

MAC,didnt know you were a Nawlins boy!I had a bar on 333 Bourbon (and 4 others) when i lived there...lots of good memories(mammories)>I am there right now soaking up some good cajun food and dealing with horrendus humidty too!

How long are you going to be in town, I will pm you my cell. Maybe we can get together for a cold one.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or Galatoires

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KimR:
Or Galatoires

Now you guys are just taunting me!!