Find
Notify
Tools

I got some good news
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
Well I got some good news this last Thursday! I went to a follow-up visit at Texas Oncology last Thursday and after another down-the-throat scope, and a scan, the radiation therapy Doctor declared me free of my throat cancer, and no indication of it metastasizing into the lymph system.
This after six years of treatment, and follow-up by two doctors. I have another visit with the surgeon who did the cutting in April, and I’m hoping he will be of the same opinion. If so maybe I can get back to some serious hunting, before I get too old or any older. I’m about to complete my 75th year, so I need to hurry to catch up!

.............................................................................. dancing.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Best of news, Mac tu2

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is GREAT news Mac. dancing tu2

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Now you need to order a new double and line up a huntSmiler

Mac, Stick around for awhile, I enjoy your wisdom.

Randy

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac, great to hear. Now....BACK TO HUNTING !!!! :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! It is always nice to hear a success story such as yours. I bet you aren't passing out any cigars, though.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Mac,

That's great news. I'm sorry but I didn't know you had a problem. Good to hear you have a clean bill of health.

Yep, you need to catch up now!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As one cancer survivor to another _ GOOD SHOW!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
VERY happy to hear the good news!!!!

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Great news Mac. Now pack up the double and go whack a buffalo.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
congrats on the good news. Time to go hunting again!! dancing

rgds
kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
That is GREAT news Mac!

Now you can wander back up here fo more caribou!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
God bless you Mac!

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news for anyone that has had any form of "it".

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great! Get back to enjoying yourself.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
As one cancer survivor to another, I am so happy for you and God bless. Now keep on enjoying life.

I spent 24 years in the military, most in Special Operations and the most fear I ever felt in my life was when the Dr. told me I had cancer.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Great news, Mac.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Great to hear, congrats.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dodged a 500 NE.Good news and GOD bless.

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mac and best wishes for a continued cancer free life.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
I share your relief!
Many more years of good hunting with the people who matter most in your life.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I wish you the best of luck for the future.

Posts: 17282 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Great news Mac! More chances to share a campfire with you!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news Mac! The best to you! tu2

One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Congratulations, thanks for sharing the very good news! Wishing you many more healthy days and memorable hunts to come.

Best always,
Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news Mac! I'll keep you in my prayers for continued good news from your doctors. Blow the dust off some of your doubles, maybe do some horse trading and book that trip, or get that rifle you've been wanting!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. That is excellent news. I enjoy your posts and have learned much.

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Mac,
god bless you sir,looking forward to breaking bread with you next time we meet for a shoot.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
tu2

What more can I say. Enjoy every day. We all should!!

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen! As you probably know, that news was a load off my mind. I had begun to think my hunting was over.

Now since the treatment has taken a toll, maybe now I can just get back in physical shape to do 10 miles on spoor and get away from this computer more. Maybe something on bait to start with!

............................................................................ old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Mac,
That is great news. It's hard to keep and ole Texan down for too long.

When your getting back into shooting practice...maybe you can come up to Jacksboro and shoot doubles we me sometime to get me up to speed.

You have taught me a lot over the years and I can't wait to read your next hunt report!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37879 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent news ! Hope all your hunting plans work out.

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Mac

Great News, GOD Bless and hope you have a Good Year.

Graeme, Lucy and Viv

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear about your good news! Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mac: It's so easy to take our health for granted isn't it? Glad you whupped this thing, and are literally back in the hunt!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Good show Mac. I'm very happy fo you! jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mac!

Hope to see you soon.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mac,

To my friend, Mac I have shared a hunt with you and sure would wish to do many more. You are always in my mind since 2005 when you were my backup for my AR buff hunt.

The best,

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Great news!!! I hope you have many more DRSS hunts in your future so you may finish training us young bucks!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool! I'm happy for you.

Posts: 135 | Location: Canton, Ga. USA | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote