Notify
Tools

Merkel vs. Searcy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankhunter:
Well it is a ''Field Grade '' not an ''Exhibition Grade '' rifle ,so buyers cant expect it to be a Purdy .$8750.00 for a Good working gun, is good value imo anyway you look at it ,which is what it is, not a Russian mafios gold ,diamond ,engraved abomination !that cost $250 K

Thats is right +1.They are just jelous because I got a nicer rifle than there`s.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
Thats is right +1.They are just jelous because I got a nicer rifle than there`s.

Pathetic....

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
I've owned two Searcy's both .470's the first was a field grade the second which I still own is a customized upgraded rifle that is very nice. Both were amazingly accurate. The field grade that shitzaway got is so far below the quality and finish of my older field grade I was shocked when I first saw it. That is what my comment above was based on.

Is it possible shootaway got "special" treatment from Searcy because of his reputation?

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own a Searcy Classic and recent production Field Grade with upgraded wood, so am able to compare my examples side by side. I would buy a second FG without hesitation. The wood/ metal fit is good and it fits me. When I have had questions I call Mr. Searcy. I see nothing about either of my rifles which would justify the use of profanity in their description.

David

Posts: 41 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote