Picture of Grenadier
posted
~

Question:
~

Choices:
[
]

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Germany, Austria, France, and Belgium are Western Europe for those of you that are geographically challenged.

Russian doubles would count as Eastern.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Well thought out poll! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well thought out poll!

Yes it is. Good poll strategy.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19323 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Well thought out poll! thumb

I'll second that. Italy is surely Western European too, eh? Lots of double rifles made in Italy.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know why you exclude combo guns. The big bore and magnum pdxs are as servicable as any bore rifle and some express cartridges.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a good poll. I would've included "plan to purchase next?".

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gatsby:
I don't know why you exclude combo guns. The big bore and magnum pdxs are as servicable as any bore rifle and some express cartridges.

gatsby, I believe it is because the poll was for double rifles only! Addtionally, Paradox, and bore guns if fitted with two barrels, are double rifles as well, and are not excluded.

Any long firearm with two barrels that has any amount of rifleing in the barrel is a double rifle.

I agree that a poll for Paradox, and full lenth rifled bore double rifles would show some interest to many here. Muzzle loading double rifles of all configurations would reveal some more, as well.

Another poll that might draw some interest is the cartridge Howdah pistols, and any rifled double barreled pistol, from tiny little 22 short, to 577NE 2" howdah, of antique, or modern would produce owners to post here.

However the inclusion of all or two or three of these in the same poll only causes confusion, IMO!

In this case the double rifle poll may have not made the fact clear that paradox, and bore rifle with two barrels are double rifles, even though the paradox can also shoot shot, are not shotguns, but I'm sure he was assuming everyone understood that fact.

Like you I would love to see well thought out polls for every type of double barrel firarm, and even polls for multi barrel combo gun/rifles like drilling, verlings, and cape guns, in seperate polls. These polls generate descussions that explain many thing people would like to know, but didn't know the questions to ask! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote