New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heym 500NE - Best Loads
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Decided to start loading for this rifle. Interested in anyone that might have a Heym that has found a good load. I have been shooting some Superior Ammo and am just not happy with it. Any ideas are appreciated.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
Decided to start loading for this rifle. Interested in anyone that might have a Heym that has found a good load. I have been shooting some Superior Ammo and am just not happy with it. Any ideas are appreciated.

Do you know the load it was regulated with? Once you know what it was regulated with you can work at duplicating that load. Perhaps you can email Heym and they can give you some insight. I think there is a Heym dealer who post on the forum and he may be able to help. You can start with a load that is a little bit slow and gradually increase the load till the barrels shoot together in a useful group. You might do a search for load data for the .500 there have ben several threads on load development. This is a big subject to cover quickly
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heym USA Rep goes by the Handle "New Guy"

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Here are several loads that Dirk Lawyer tried.

500 Loads

Don't forget the chronograph.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947