New
Find
Notify
Tools

I love My Blaser S2!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, Cabelas in Hamburg PA just listed a brand new S2 in 500 NE for $7,895. Go git 'em!!!!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blaser S2, a luddites nightmare!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Hey, Cabelas in Hamburg PA just listed a brand new S2 in 500 NE for $7,895. Got git 'em!!!!

You mean they will pay me nearly $8,000 to take it off their hands?!! Hmmm ... Naw, not nearly enough. Pass!

barf

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Kim Kardashian!! Really? I'm thinking more Rosie O'Donnell.

I do see one similarity to KK however. Let's see, she was married for what, 70 days or something like that? Not very reliable. Just like that auto safety feature!!!

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Kim Kardashian!! Really? I'm thinking more Rosie O'Donnell.

yuck

Todd:

I was at the range again this afternoon. My Blaser is heavy, way to heavy for me to carry very far anymore but it sure kills the hell out of a water jug. Big Grin

I am most anxious to hear about your .577.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, Cabelas in Hamburg PA just listed a brand new S2 in 500 NE for $7,895. Go git 'em!!!!

Biebs:

It's not a Luxus but it has a really nice piece of wood on it. A 500 NE for less than $8000! Amazing. tu2

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Hey, Cabelas in Hamburg PA just listed a brand new S2 in 500 NE for $7,895. Got git 'em!!!!

You mean they will pay me nearly $8,000 to take it off their hands?!! Hmmm ... Naw, not nearly enough. Pass!

barf

.................................................................. jumping yuckSorry Dave!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone wonder why they are selling it so cheep? But it for 8K and shoot it a little and you might get 6K if you try to sell it.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
465H&H:

I know they are not everyone's cup of tea.

My 470 weighs in at 11.5 pounds. I have had some significant health issues in the past two years and there is no way I could carry that heavy of a gun for very long but it is a very well made gun and they shoot great. Fantastic scope mounts. Incredible triggers. If I was heading out of camp I would probably grab my K-gun because it's about a pound lighter (my new little Chapuis is just to pretty Smiler) but I sure like my Blaser as well. In fact, I haven't found a double that I didn't like. As far as price is concerned, I don't care. I like the gun and I don't have any plans on selling it although, after watching that Ivan Carter video, that Heym PH is looking awfully good shocker

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE