THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Just read Boddingtons Safari rifles, Craig doesn't like doubles?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just read Boddingtons Safari rifles, Craig doesn't like doubles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tomo,
Agree and stand corrected that the 9.3 isn't a direct relationship and certainly not a favorite of CB. The point I was trying to make is that the marketing, development and continued success of the safari industry for the masses (people like me) is the result of the combined efforts of a lot of people and organizations and part of that is the use of journalistic types who have specific market sector audiences. The historic big guys like Hemmingway, Ruark, Oconnor, Keith certainly built the foundation, but its guys like CB are the recent crop of those who do had the high volume audience and were effective in keeping it in front of people until Saeed built this website. Mix all that with guys like Ruger, Nosler, Atkinson, and our African contingent and voila... I can afford to live out my dreams.
Inexperience talking, too long, too wordy, and mostly BS, but MHO.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
You gringos are tiring me always complaining about Boddington, if he said this if he said that...just don't read him and end of the problem. Big Grin

I will continue buying and reading his stuff beacause I enjoy it, just that.

L

Lorenzo, you ae not alone in that opinion! I'd say for every one who doesn't like him, there will be fifty who do!
I don't think he is the best writer I've ever read, but I've watched him grow up writing about what he loves, and that is hunting. He's paid his dues, IMO, and most of the decenters are simply jealous of his field record. Sour grapes nothing more! Roll Eyes
They are intitaled to their opinions, however! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Lorenzo your my hero! Smiler Common since is an attribute that wanes on AR from time to time, and certainly isn't very popular as a rule. Smiler Smiler

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
You gringos are tiring me always complaining about Boddington, if he said this if he said that...just don't read him and end of the problem.

I will continue buying and reading his stuff beacause I enjoy it, just that.

L

I've hunted with Col. Boddington. He is a level-headed and actually a very personable guy...he puts his pants on just like the rest of us and that being said he is entitled to his opinions....of which are based on experience. Unlike a lot of the "wanna-bees" on this forum.

Good observation Lorenzo.

Jeff
(Non-whiner Gueto)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like General B says DR has an advantage: very fast 2nd shot from unit with two tumblers and 2 barrels (assuming dt setup). Sandly that's where it ends, finito. CRYBABY