THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Field Grade is back at $8,750.00
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Field Grade is back at $8,750.00
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Field Grade double spec's:
Stainless or a Blued action
Extractors only
Buttstock has no cheekpiece, LOP to fit customer
Right or left hand
Calibers- 500, 470, 450, 450-400-3"
No options available!
$4,500.00 Deposit and 6 to 8 month delivery
Visa and Mastercard with 3% service charge
760-762-6131
searcy@ccis.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
That is a great price on a new DR.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Makes me want to cry or sell a kidney or something.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Intercepting sear safety, yes?

An outstanding price on a basic, no frills, well made American DR with a Searcy warranty!

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Way to go Butch - what a great rifle for the price!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is your build time on one of these?

Cheers
Jack

Posts: 80 | Location: Queensland. Oz | Registered: 08 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Nice move Butch.

My only issue is the cheek piece. If you make stocks with cheek piece for all the models, why not keep it on this as well. The cost diffenrence is not much.

I like the idea of a SS action for the hard working DR.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11245 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I might be in the market for a double after all!!

Does not having a cheekpiece affect felt recoil?

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
It must be remembered that a lot of the old classics such as Rigby often made top grade rifles without Cheek pieces. In fact most top grade trap Shotguns don't come with cheek pieces. So they are not essential.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm,Hmmmm,Hmmmmmmm. I know I like this idea, a lot more than I should. I THINK I can resist til year end, maybe.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
What a great deal!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack H:
What is your build time on one of these?

Butch has it in the original post, 6-8 weeks.

A left handed Searcy for less than $10 G's, that's tempting me to skip one trip to Africa.

And Butch's shop is only 90 miles from my house so I could pick the wood, get fitted and bug the hell out of him easily.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, You've visited once and I haven't seen you since. Since you visited do you think there is anyone in this town (village) that I can talk hunting with except my son (which is great) but we both have taken the same buff and elephant over Margarita's many times. We need fresh stories. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is adding the Talley Scope System on this rifle possible?

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will add for us old guys the Talley scope system as an option.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
This might take some wind out of the Heym Jaeger model sails (sales), might it not? Just thinking out loud; no hate mail from Heym lovers please.

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got on the list. I ordered a .500 Nitro Can't seem to pass it up. Maybe I can get the kidney sold by the time it is ready.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I am going to have to find a better way of financing this habit than selling plasma down on second street. Too creepy around there...

Posts: 17288 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch
Is your standard gun include the articulated front trigger?
Thanks

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Price war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are the barrels and action on the field grade of the same general quality as the other Searcy models? Is this a hand made stock?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No to articulated trigger, and yes this rifle is built just as the Field Grade has always been made. The Metal Parts are the same as a 20K Classic except I'm using a Stainless action.
Keep in mind I will stand behind this rifle just as I have stood behind all my rifles. Value for money is there, no gimmicks at all. It is what it is.
Elk this isn't a standard rifle the PH is the entry level standard. This field grade model isn't going to be available long. I only intend on making 10. Then I'll decide as to whether I'll do anymore. I can sell this rifle for that price because I make them and don't have to share my profit with a middle man.

one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
I would love to have one in 450 with a scope.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muletrain,
I would be willing to bet that he will sell you one............. Big Grin

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adamhunter:
Wow!!! Makes me want to cry or sell a kidney or something.

Sell your heart too..you can get two x-tra DRs more Big Grin

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nicholosi
posted Hide Post
I thought I was getting the last Searcy Field Grade ever made. Oh well.

John

Life Member Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member NRA
DRSS

Posts: 131 | Location: Cypress, TX | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:
Intercepting sear safety, yes?

An outstanding price on a basic, no frills, well made American DR with a Searcy warranty!

Would a left handed rifle have the triggers changes or stay as the right hander??
Might have to get one sent downunder to Oz Big Grin

Cheers
Jack

Posts: 80 | Location: Queensland. Oz | Registered: 08 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Butch,
Do they have intercepting sears?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37892 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Butch,

Lane- Butch told me today these will not have intercepting sears.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack
Sent you a PM

Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
...these will not have intercepting sears.
Deal-breaker Frowner

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

Great move! Thanks for those of us without gold lined pockets.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Butch makes a great double and an accurate one at that. See the African hunt reports for a picture of a very nice 42" plus cape buffalo bull that I just shot a few days ago in the Bubye Conservancy of Zimbabwe with my Searcy 450-400! Gentlemen(Will Parks included): You CANNOT afford to pass this one up! tu2

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Outstanding! Butch makes a great double and an accurate one at that. See the African hunt reports for a picture of a very nice 42" plus cape buffalo bull that I just shot a few days ago in the Bubye Conservancy of Zimbabwe with my Searcy 450-400! Gentlemen(Will Parks included): You CANNOT afford to pass this one up! tu2

Damn. Called out. Cool

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
Frank, You've visited once and I haven't seen you since. Since you visited do you think there is anyone in this town (village) that I can talk hunting with except my son (which is great) but we both have taken the same buff and elephant over Margarita's many times. We need fresh stories. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guilty as charged. I've probably driven by your place a dozen times this year already as I have business and property interests in Las Vegas. I always want to stop in and say "Hi" but most of the time I have Wifezilla or a business associate long.

I'll stop by one day soon. I'll show you a picture of my Buff and you can get a fresh set of lies.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on Will, you don't have to be bolt trash forever! Butch's kids need new shoes.

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
This is a really great rifle at a really great price. Thank you so much for making this option available to us.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Butch,

Lane- Butch told me today these will not have intercepting sears.

Thank you Mike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37892 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote