THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    I thought about selling my double today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I thought about selling my double today
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted
I have had the urge, to put it mildly, to take an elephant hunt. This last year has sucked for the gun business, at least in my part of Texas. So money has been kinda tight arounf here. I was thinking of selling my Merkel 9.3. I intend to keep my 500NE. It would go to help pay for another hunt. After being on this damn website for less than 5 minutes you guys have talked me out of it and I didn't even speak directly to any of you. I guess I better get busy and sell some guns this year. Anybody in the Bridgeport area come by and contribute to the cause.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1236 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good thinking

what cha got? (to sell)

Brian H
Longmont CO

Posts: 79 | Location: Longmont, CO, USA | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good move! I suspect that you would use the 9.3 more than the 500NE (and I have both).
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Brain1 - you got me imagining now...I guess I'd sell one of my kidneys first, then one lung, liver (still thinking about that one), right arm, 1st leg, 2nd leg...then my double along with my heart...and yes - then - then they can have a change of my Brain too...then Smiler

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
I am first a hunter, second a shooter/gun nut. I love these rifles but I love to hunt more. To me a gun is not a trophy but more than just a tool. If it means I could hunt more I would "in a drug indused stupor" probably sell one, or more. I would regret it later as has always happened in the past. Going into the gun business to make a living will ruin you. I don't recommend it. You will, out of neccecity, start seeing dollars instead of calibers

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1236 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
I have had the urge, to put it mildly, to take an elephant hunt. This last year has sucked for the gun business, at least in my part of Texas. So money has been kinda tight arounf here. I was thinking of selling my Merkel 9.3. I intend to keep my 500NE. It would go to help pay for another hunt. After being on this damn website for less than 5 minutes you guys have talked me out of it and I didn't even speak directly to any of you. I guess I better get busy and sell some guns this year. Anybody in the Bridgeport area come by and contribute to the cause.

Do you do aney of the FortWorth gun shows or Market Hall?
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Bill,
No way, I grew-up down there. I only go back to visit mom & dad, and even then, not very much.

Savannah Safaris Namibia
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA