Notify
Tools

Sabatti Owners -- Step Up
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Ray470,
There's also some Hornady ammo available on gunbroker.com.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Mike.

........Ray

posted Hide Post
Will,

Your package arrived in fine shape. All's well here. Thanks.

........Ray

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got mine in 45-70 2 weeks ago and Im very happy with it, though Ive only shot a ocouple boxes of ammo through it. Rear trigger is substantially longer pull than the front and it surprised me a couple times that it went off just about the time I was giving up on it. The rear site is quirky. BUT, it shot dead on right out of the box and I really do like it. Money well spent

Posts: 53 | Location: Virginia and Georgia | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for a while now. I've had several boxes of ammo through it. Here are my thoughts:

The 45-70 is nice. I have experienced no failures. There have been no mechanical problems.

I replaced the original butt pad with a Kickeeze 801-8-XL grind to fit recoil pad. It has a non standard hole spacing and the pad in question allows for that. I screwed it to the gun (after taping off the stock) scribed the outline, and ground the pad. It's not as perfect as a pad ground right on the stock but it'll do fine. I did this not so much to deal with recoil but to lengthen the stock a bit; the LOP was a bit off for me, and it tended to lift up in my face, giving me recoil rash on the cheek. The longer recoil pad helped this dramatically. I also like the Euro style stock better, and am writing to see if I can get one to replace my "American" style stock. In my experience they feel better, and seem to direct recoil more effectively.

I have been shooting the rifle offhand only with the intended Hornady leverevolution ammo. I will be testing the Buffalo Bore soon, and on Garret Solids as well.

The rifle could be heavier. Thing is, I spend most of my time carrying it, and least shooting. The rifle is a good weight for carrying, less optimal for shooting, but you can hit what you aim at, and then be glad you have a light rifle to carry back to camp.

I have a kid in an expensive school. I'd love to have a Merkel or a Chapuis, but I can afford this, and I like it just fine.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thing is, I spend most of my time carrying it, and least shooting.

Be thankful for big miracles.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19367 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote