New
Find
Notify
Tools

SEARCY DOUBLE RIFLES
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone owned a new searcy double rifle that wasnt accurate due to regulating.

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone owned a new searcy double rifle that wasnt accurate due to regulating.

I don't think you'll find one, because if something is wrong with one of his guns, Butch will fix it.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of a Searcy that did not shoot good.
I shot 500grains 500 Nitro and it was spot on.

The only problem I have ever heard with a Searcy is with the 577. The bbls usually split like Yosamatie Sams shot gun when he is hunting Bugs Bunny. Eeker

Sorry 577NitroExpress, could not resist. jumping

I say again the Searcy Classic looked, and handled, Mighty Fine.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I've never shot one that wasn't accurate, regulated perfectly! Eventhough the older Searcys were strictly working rifles, and some times a little rough arount the corners, they were always regulated properly, and shot tight 4 shot groups at regulation distance. Over the years, the rough edges are slowly disapearing, and giveing way to rifles like the new Classic which is, IMO, Butches best effort yet! I haven't shot this new rifle, and don't know anyone who has, except Butch, and his employees, but I'd bet my next retirement check, it shoots just as good, or better than anything you will buy today. You might find prittier, and more expencive doubles, but, IMO you will not find one that will out shoot a B. Searcy! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
capebuf, I think you will find more people praising the accuracy of Searcy doubles than any other brand. Or perhaps more than all other brands combined! His rifles are also warranteed just in case, so you get the best of both worlds - reputation plus warranty.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So I log on to AR this morning and find capebuf posting for the first time and already posting about PVT. OK, could be coincidence I guess. Then I come over here and he is not so subtly talking smack about Searcy. Look, I probably wouldn't hunt with PVT and would likely not buy a Searcy for various reasons but that doesn't mean I appreciate people stirring the shit within 20 posts of becoming members.

Carmelo? Is that you?

Just curious,

John

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Tony, I love ya, buddy! And glad we have this banter!!!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnTheGreek:
So I log on to AR this morning and find capebuf posting for the first time and already posting about PVT. OK, could be coincidence I guess. Then I come over here and he is not so subtly talking smack about Searcy. Look, I probably wouldn't hunt with PVT and would likely not buy a Searcy for various reasons but that doesn't mean I appreciate people stirring the shit within 20 posts of becoming members.

Carmelo? Is that you?

Just curious,

John

Ella monogleeftees

No yanni it isn't me.

Carmelo Lisciotto
www.WorldShooter.com

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Hey Carmello, Nobody like you. Go Away.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote