THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Looking for a specific double.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a specific double.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted
I'm looking for a picture of a double I'm sure someone here has seen as well.

I saw a picture of a double rifle, I could have sworn it was a Searcy but may have been a Merkel, with a steel cartridge trap in the butt.

Trying to lay out options I want for a new rifle, but I can't find that picture to save my life. Anyone know the one I'm speaking of or have a similar set up?

Only Angels and Aviators have wings

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AK_Stick:
I'm looking for a picture of a double I'm sure someone here has seen as well.

I saw a picture of a double rifle, I could have sworn it was a Searcy but may have been a Merkel, with a steel cartridge trap in the butt.

Trying to lay out options I want for a new rifle, but I can't find that picture to save my life. Anyone know the one I'm speaking of or have a similar set up?

That picture was on New Guy's website and was a Heym with a cartridge trap but the rifle had been re-chambered form 458 win mag, to 450NE 3 1/4" It was a used rifle for sale and may not still be on his website! To get a picture here do a search of New Guys posts form his profile, and it should still be on AR!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I found it.

http://www.heymusa.com/invento.../Searcy_2010_450.htm

It was a Searcy, but on the Heymusa website.

Beautiful rifle. I'd love to have something like that in the safe.

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
You can have the traps installed easily. They are available from several sources..
Have to played with your Sabatti yet>

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted Hide Post
I had enough time to pick it up, and fondle it, but I never got a chance to fire it before I had to leave.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AK_Stick:
Thanks, I found it.

http://www.heymusa.com/invento.../Searcy_2010_450.htm

It was a Searcy, but on the Heymusa website.

Beautiful rifle. I'd love to have something like that in the safe.

You're right is was a Searcy, and right again it is a nice looking rifle!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AK Stick, You could probably have Phil at KDF in Texas do one on a rifle you own. He does them for Blaser, so he has or can get the components to do yours.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted Hide Post
Biebs, I'm looking at having a new rifle made, not added to a current one, but thanks for the heads up.

I take it KDF is a trustworthy shop?

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
Ak_stick

usually we get them over here from recknagel, i know that there is a firm that gets parts fro recknagle into the states, if you cant find it give me a PM and i will send the parts over at cost.

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote