THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Left handed stock for Double Rifles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left handed stock for Double Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been looking at buying anouthe DR but it seems all the DR I see have a right handed cheek piece.
Is there any company out there right now that makes a left handed DR?
Cheers Octave.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Merkel:

...then again I guess they all do them (K, Heym, VC, Searcy...)

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think most makers will make a left handed gun. Verney-Carron will make it to your stock dimensions and you can also have the triggers reversed and even reverse the opening lever if you like.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys,any of the sites I have looked on did not state that there rifles were make with right or left handed stocks, this is great.
Cheers Octave.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy it right the first time and order from a company who will build it with the left trigger out in front firing the left barrel.
Trust me, you will not regret it down the road.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check Butch Searcy's doubles. I beleive he charges the same no mater left or right handed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by octave:
Thanks Guys,any of the sites I have looked on did not state that there rifles were make with right or left handed stocks, this is great.
Cheers Octave.

It's not just the stock, the second major thing is to make sure the
triggers are bent the right way if shooting left handed.

Of course if they make a LH stocked gun I am sure they would know
to do this but better to make sure.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote