THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Norma Factory Duplication Load for 232 Grain Vulcan in 9.4X74R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norma Factory Duplication Load for 232 Grain Vulcan in 9.4X74R
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you who have a Merkel 141E and want to duplicate the factory load that is used for regulating them, here is an email I received from Norma after my inquiry. Note that this load is not the maximum load for this cartridge and bullet as listed in their reloading manuals. I questioned them about this and they reiterated that this load will duplicate factory ballistics. It does exactly that in my rifle.

Dear (Sir),

We use Norma 203_b powder in this load, 61,0 gr to maximum 61,5 gr, cartr.over all lenght is 3,64” (-0,02”).

Magnum primer is also used.

Good luck and best greetings,

Åke Nilsson R&D-dep,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Från: Mr ( )
Skickat: den 24 september 2009 19:11
Till: ake.nilsson@norma.cc
Ämne: Reloading Data for 232 Grain 9.3X74R factory ammo

I have a double rifle that shoots Norma factory ammo with 232 grain Vulcan bullets to point of aim. I have several hundred 232 grain Norma Vulcan bullets. I would like to handload these bullets in Norma cases to duplicate factory ballistics. From your reloading date it would appear that several Norma powders, including URP, 201 and 202 powder can be used to achieve the factory muzzle velocity of 2559 fps for the 232 grain Vulcan bullet. Which Normal powder would you recommend that I use to most closely duplicate Norma factory ballistics for the 232 grain Vulcan bullet?

Thank you.

( )

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2144 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Åke is a great guy!

Father of the .531 Norma Magnum dancing

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote