THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    pictures of Rigby Rising Bite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pictures of Rigby Rising Bite
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I posted these pictures on the custom rifle forum but thought this would be acceptable in the double rifle forum also.
http://photobucket.com/JMAPLESCO

Posts: 34 | Location: Hunt, Texas & Pagosa Springs Co. | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post

Pictures from B. Searcy’s website showing his new Rising bite lock rifle between a pair of Rigbys!

Very nice examples in all cases! tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Thank you gents for posting those photos.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
The middle one looks Chunky.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
The reason it looks chunky is because the two Rigbys are 7 lb shotguns and the Searcy is a 10.5 lb 470.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanation.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
Mac,
The reason it looks chunky is because the two Rigbys are 7 lb shotguns and the Searcy is a 10.5 lb 470.

gotcha

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

It looks like the originals have intercepting sears. Does yours?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I need is a .500NE and a 12 gauge shotgun, and a .375 Flanged and a 20 gauge shotgun -- matched pair with both barrels. Butch could go to town, my wife could call her lawyer, etc. But wouldn't it be lovely.

Posts: 10376 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
What I need is a .500NE and a 12 gauge shotgun, and a .375 Flanged and a 20 gauge shotgun -- matched pair with both barrels. Butch could go to town, my wife could call her lawyer, etc. But wouldn't it be lovely.

You need to be careful of rifle/ shotgun combos. Balance will be a challenge as well as, drop and comb and heel.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rising bite Rigby is the most beautiful of all double rifles, in my opinion! Wonderful lines and fantastic workmanship.