THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    HEYM 26B - 45/70 with Photos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HEYM 26B - 45/70 with Photos
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
looking forward to a Pig hunting report-
with pics

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
This little 45/70 is a sweet setup as a quick handling brush gun or driven hunt weapon. Another great job by Heym/Chris as they got this one right as well.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari James:
This little 45/70 is a sweet setup as a quick handling brush gun or driven hunt weapon. Another great job by Heym/Chris as they got this one right as well.

Heym has several very innovative things this year, and the 26B is just one of them! I spent a lot of time at the Heym booth this year handling the new stock design, and that little 26B 45-70.

The 26B is a fine handling little O/U that also comes in other chamberings as well. In two classic American chamberings, 30-30 Win, and 45-70 both regulated with liverEvolution ammo. As Chris says these rifles were aimed at the American market, and were not meant for a substitute for any of the dangerous game cartridges in other Heym double rifles. However, the 45-70 26B would be a fine black bear, wild boar, moose and deer woods rifle. It also, IMO, would make a fine little rifle loaded with the right bullet and carried on a sling while fishing in Alaska to discourage a cheeky brownie, and certainly would be better than a handgun for that purpose.

Heym has made some real improvements in the last 5 or 6 yrs, and everything I picked up in the booth was top drawer, and many of the changes was the fact that Chris Sells listens to his customers, and get things done in Germany! Heym double rifles have always been well made but again IMO they have improved greatly in the last five or six years. Good stuff folks!

...................................................................... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I didn't pick up a used Heym 88B off the floor, one of those 26B's would have been hard to turn down.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by new_guy:
The 26B 45-70 just arrived.

Regulation ammo is 325gr Hornady Leverevolution.

Scope is 1-4 Trijicon.

Finally got a chance to get to the range with the little 45-70.

Here it is with the factory Hornady 325gr Leverevolution.

Shortly after, we found that it worked well on hogs too!

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Love that black finish!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD999:
Love that black finish!

On the rifle or the hog? rotflmo

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947