New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Information and Advice
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a rifle that I bought about 15 years ago, a rifle made in Germany, that was said to have been made for or by a D.R. Stormer. The name is engraved on the action. At the time I did some research but could not find any information on the maker or the buyer.

I did some more research recently and found a web site that had some information on the maker not a lot and can find no more. The site is;
www.germanhuntingguns.com/arch...tormer-d-r-mannheim/ . On this site there is a photo of a single shot rifle just like mine with the exception that mine has darker wood and a tapered round barrel. Since the maker made fine combination and double rifles, I thought that maybe someone on this board might have more information on the maker.

I would also like to have an idea of my rifle’s value and the best venue in which to advertise the piece. Thanks in advance for any information and advice I might get.

Elalto

Posts: 143 | Location: Chula Vista, California, USA | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the German Guns website?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many double rifles were made in Suhl for different dealers around Germany.. They usually marked them with their dealer name..

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote