Notify
Tools

Info about Regulation
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted
Hi guys,
I'm interested in understanding the process of building and regulating a double rifle. This is just for the sake of knowledge, I'd love to build one, but I can't even make a good paper airplane...

So, is there one book I should look for? Or is there anybody who wants to teach a newbie some basic info about it?

Thanks for your help,
Mark.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the 450NE thread from a couple of days ago - it might be on page 2 or 3 by now - on the AR Big Bores forum. Also see NitroExpress.com and do a search.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Look for Graham Wright's book "Shooting the British Double Rifle". Good reading...

Brett

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett:
Look for Graham Wright's book "Shooting the British Double Rifle". Good reading...

Brett

The WRIGHT book is a good one, but will tell you more about loading, and shooting double rifles than building them. Still it is a must for anyone wanting to own a double rifle.

Two books that will give you what you want are: Building Double Rifles on Shotgun actions By W. Ellis Brown, and The Hammerless Double Rifle By Alexander Grey. These two books delve into the building, and regulateing of double rifles, both new, and conversions! They sell for about $50 each.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone has a copy of Grey's book I'll gladly pay you $50 for it. I haven't been able to find a copy in months of looking.

BB

Posts: 79 | Location: S.C. Pa | Registered: 20 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys.
Wright's book was the one I was trying to remember, but I'll check the others too if I can find them...

- Mark

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote