THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Anyone add scope to 9.3 chapuis after regulation?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone add scope to 9.3 chapuis after regulation?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If so, how much did it affect regulation? Just curious as I am looking at purchasing a rifle that is not scoped. I would try and add a lightweight low power european variable. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
I did, although I can't really answer your question.

Mine didn't group or shoot to the sights with the "regulation" load, wouldn't group or regulate with open sights, with a scope, with Norma ammo or with a dozen or so of the DRSS' favorite handloads.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/760101804/m/633103716

It's currently somewhere between Minnesota and France for further factory manufacturing effort.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I mounted a Leupold VXIII 1.5-5 in Ruger mounts and it changed nothing.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I mounted a Kahles 1.1X4 to my Chapuis 9.3X74R.

I need taller rings.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Chapuis 9,3x74R was factory regulated
with the RWS 293gr TUG and with iron sights.
I have 2 scopes for it both in the factory pivot
mount.

My loads with 285/286 gr bullets regulate just fine with the iron sights and the scopes.

232 Norma factory Vulcans shoot good.

Speer 270gr bullets shoot good.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not a chapuis, but i did it on a merkel and it changed nothing (except now i can see a sight picture)

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote