New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x74R regulation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got in on the Chapuis group buy with some of the rest of us for the UGEX 9.3x74R.This will be my first dbl. in this calibre.I'm assuming that I'm not the only one compiling components while eagerly awaiting delivery.Brass,bullets,dies,etc.My question here is:Is this rifle regulated for the 286G. bullet?I'm wanting to get a set of moulding blocks + will probably have to get them made.Had good luck with Mountain Moulds in the past.I have'nt seen much avaiability of 366 moulds.I'd appreciate any input on this.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 4233 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Norm,
Dale told me the rifle would be regulated with a 286 grain bullet. You may want to confirm with him at what difference. I believe it is at 100 yards.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Has he ever came up with a brass source yet? He was going to get a bunch brough in from Europe IIRC.
I found scope mounts here at,
http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Natchez had RWS brass in stock, last week at least.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Norm:

I am looking at trying some .358 cast bullets with a paper-patch to increase the diameter. Since I already have a .35 Whelen, it would be nice if I only had to cast one bullet. Shoot it in the Whelen as cast, patch it for the 9.3. According to the reading that I have done, the paper patch increases the bullet diameter by about .007 to .009 inches, which would be perfect. Moulds for .358 diameter bullets are also very common.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Arms also has brass @$109per 100 IIRC.
But it'd take a call to find which brand.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in addition to the 286, mine beretta also regulated the 300 gr a frames to the same point

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought 100 Normas from Midway for $92.36 day before yesterday.I still intend to get some from Dale also when + if that deal transpires.Last time I talked with him he was looking at trying for 4000 or thereabouts.Should be able to get an even better price on bulk sales.Concerning the scope mounts,I debated on after market but decided,well,in for a penny in for a pound.As long as they're building it spec. might as well have them install that too.I did;nt price NECG for mounts on this rifle although I did get a set a while back for my 03 Mannlicher + those were $450.00.Nice job,but the Chapuis factory was $100.00 less.I'll post more on my mould search as info becomes available.

Posts: 4233 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Has anybody found a good ammo box for it that FITS?

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Here's 300 gr GC slugs.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=49788585

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ordered a set of NEI moulds,Should throw a WW bullet at 285G.Close enough.Talked with Stillwell today + placed order for sizing die.Going to try .366 + .367.Of course until Aug. its just wishful thinking.