THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Burris Fastfire Mount for Merkel 141E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris Fastfire Mount for Merkel 141E
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'll bet that one of you has already looked into this. I have a Merkel 141E 9.3X74R with the factory scope base rail on the rear of the barrel rib. I see that Burris makes several clamp-on mounts and I'll bet one of them would work on the Merkel rail. Would anyone know which one would work?

Thanks

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Merkel make a base that works with a Docter Optik mount, Burris fastfire and Docter Red dots are interchangeable with regard to the mount.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I knew someone would know! I knew about the Docter Optik mount but I didn't realize that they were the same mount as the fastfire. I would imagine that the mount is made by Recknagel. I checked a couple of sources. The Merkel mount (made by Recknagel) costs $180! I think I'll keep looking.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote