New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rigby 470NE Rising Bite
 Login/Join

<generalwar>
posted
Looks to be a pretty nice Rigby 470 rising bite that Mike just put out for $69k Reproofed in 93'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Who is Mike ? Any link ?

Any reason known for why it was reproofed ?

Were a new set of barrels added ?

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Not sure of the details I was just sent the picture. I have asked for details will post when I make it home my friend.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I figured out who you were talking about.

It's a re bore from 450NE to 470NE.

It's on Mike's web site.

Here are the proof marks.
http://www.schwandtclassicarms...Bite%20470%20072.jpg

Very nice indeed.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Thank you 500. Yes he had mentioned the rifle had been refinished by Paul Roberts, and as we know many 450's were re-bored to 470 by Mr Roberts through his tenure.

<generalwar>
posted
Another that was re-bored from 450 is my old 470 that I sold to Peterson years ago. I have missed this gun since.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by generalwar:
Thank you 500. Yes he had mentioned the rifle had been refinished by Paul Roberts, and as we know many 450's were re-bored to 470 by Mr Roberts through his tenure.

I have no problem with Paul Robert's work - I have a Rigby RTB DR in 375 Flanged Magnum that was rebored by him. Superb work.

As long as I know what was done, and preferably by who, I am happy,
and the fact that in the UK guns have to be re proofed helps as well.

All good IMHO.

<generalwar>
posted
Agree totally, but most of time I steer clear of total refinish guns or re-bores in the vintage category. But there's always the possible exception which has to be bought up and cared for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful rifle!

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by generalwar:
Agree totally, but most of time I steer clear of total refinish guns or re-bores in the vintage category. But there's always the possible exception which has to be bought up and cared for.

Trying to find a totally original Rigby RTB is damn hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Especially in .470!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My good friend has two very original rising bite Double rifles, an early and well used but not abused .450NE and a 400/350 that is in stunning condition. Lovely guns. Hard to beat a good Rigby or H&H.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:

Its all about who you know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George at Champlin Arms, has a Rigby rising bite for sale now. It is a 350 Rigby and is stunning!
ND Smiler

Stephen Grant 500BPE
Joseph Harkom 450BPE

Posts: 625 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote