New
Find
Notify
Tools

475 #2
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My friend bought the Jeffery in 475 #2 that I had mentioned in an earlier thread. Just wondering if there is a decent source for brass for this rifle? Any help will be passed along to the new owner and will be much appreciated I am sure.

I WILL get to see and touch this gem later in the year. Also does Hornady or others have bullets available for this and if so any description as to what is available would be cool. Thanks.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think there is some on GunsInternatinal.

Posts: 2831 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
You might keep looking at Captech International's website. They are making Jameson brass for a bunch of big bore calibers.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
You can get loaded ammo from Superior.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Huntington's has some ...
http://www.huntingtons.com/sto...oductid=17157&page=1

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huntington's also has Woodleigh bullets in 483 and 488

Posts: 1615 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry

You may already know this, but 475 No2 is not just 450 No2 brass necked up.

On the 475 the rim and the base of the case are a larger diameter.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
check out Midway USA and Huntingtons shooting supply.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks group. I will pass all this info along to my friend and let him continue the search. Any other ideas, please post if you will.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,
The Spring issue of "Double Gun and Single Shot Journal" on page 109 has an article by J.C. Munnel on loading the 475 #2. I haven't read it yet but it might be worth while to get a copy for component sources and loading tips.
Best

Posts: 367 | Location: South east Georgia | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
The last time I bought any 475#2 brass I bought it from Huntington Die specialties. I have 40 new cases but I need it to make cases for my Westley Richards 500/450#1 Express double or I would let your friend have it. Huntington may have some however! That stuff is hard to find at times!

................................................................... coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote