THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My new double rifle... Pics added.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new double rifle... Pics added.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
SON, If you can't handle the heat stay the hell out of the kitchen where the grown up cooks work!

You must call me "son," with all your Texass arrogance, when in fact you are only about five years older than I. You proclaim you know more than anyone, in all your vain attempts to dazzle all forum members with your little double rifle pathetic lonely existence. You troll gun forums, from your Texass dust bowl, because you have no life. I know that I have worked as a machinist, when you were only reading about them; I know that I have regulated more double rifles than you have ever seen. Somehow, you believe that you are the paternal leader on forums such as this, with pathetic little brainless mechanical stick men following you around, saying baaa, baaa, baaa. I don't need your approval on anything, for I for one have no respect or regard for you at all. Take all your sick comments and shove them.

Posts: 121 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doubleriflejack:
quote:
SON, If you can't handle the heat stay the hell out of the kitchen where the grown up cooks work!

You must call me "son," with all your Texass arrogance, when in fact you are only about five years older than I. You proclaim you know more than anyone, in all your vain attempts to dazzle all forum members with your little double rifle pathetic lonely existence. You troll gun forums, from your Texass dust bowl, because you have no life. I know that I have worked as a machinist, when you were only reading about them; I know that I have regulated more double rifles than you have ever seen. Somehow, you believe that you are the paternal leader on forums such as this, with pathetic little brainless mechanical stick men following you around, saying baaa, baaa, baaa. I don't need your approval on anything, for I for one have no respect or regard for you at all. Take all your sick comments and shove them.

"[P]athetic little brainless mechanical stick men" surely you can come up with another adjective or two to stick in there . . . until then I will give you a B+ for effort. Just a hint, douchenozzle has been used before with good effect even though it is a noun.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Dang!

All I did is buy a cheap double rifle in .45/70 caliber with foreknowledge that it was somewhat of a crapshoot considering the prior threads here. I rolled the dice, picked a number, drew four in five-card draw hand and spun the wheel. I also hedged my bet by buying it at a greatly reduced bargain (that is, if it worked). Big Grin

I won that lottery, but now folks have started pissing each other off when all I wanted to do is share my excitement trying out a new (and what happened to turn out to be a quite functional) rifle.

I should have known better.

I've know that Mac has (or has had) multiple double rifles, many, many more than my 8 or 9, I'll bet. He knows the parlance and history of the beast. He's given me and lots of others here great advice and guidance in our searches for fine firearms. I certainly respect his opinions as based on good experience.

I think doubleriflejack presently owns more than two dozen doubles of varied calibers and makes (mostly British vintage and a few German). He's actually been trained in regulating doubles and apparently done it dozens of times in a long career. I'd think that creates some credibility.

What I know is that if either visited the others house without any preconception of the others knowledge or character, they'd find they had more in common than they disagree.

You guys fuss, if you want. As for this old fart, I'm taking my S------ double hunting in the morning and see if I can get some stupid deer within 70 yards or so and ruin his morning.

JMHO.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I LOVE PEOPLE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH AND THEIR MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BRAVO........................................................... tu2

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG.. I think it was time that someone did like you just have done.. telling some honest words. I have not been in this Forum for long time, but got very soon surprised by all the World Champions knowing everything about everything ! People discussing is fine, so is different meanings and observations. I suppose that is the meaning of the Forum, but holy shit ... many should keep their comments to themselves !

It is obvious that there are many very experienced double rifle shooters and hunters in general in this Forum. I am not making any criticism to their knowledge and participation. I really appreciate them to make comments and share from their knowledge etc. However, I find many threads full of throwing shit on other members that from my point of view should be avoided.

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a medal to award to doubleriflejack.
[URL= ]medal of honor[/URL]

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[URL

Thanks so much Shootaway, I will wear it with pride.

For a good long time, I have noted that some forum types have made constant snide remarks about Sabatti doubles, some of which they deserved after the muzzle rifling grinding fiasco early on, so I resorted to a little good fun, trying to poke fun at it all in my remarks about everybody knowing that Sabatti are junk, etc., but Mac, obviously knowing that he played a major role in calling them trash, took my remarks as an attack on him (which they weren't), so he found need to try to condemn me, in the underhanded one upmanship way he does such things. So be it, I always knew he was a pompous Texas ass, as I told him the first time I "met" him, on this forum, and as I told him in response to his attempted consternation. I certainly am not alone in that assessment, for several guys over the past few years have sent me PMs saying the same thing, while they left this forum to never return--that is a loss of quality people to this forum, but you Mutt and Jeff types don't care about all that, I know. You continue to play your juvenile games on your pathetic play ground. So be it.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mac, I second that. Blah, blah, blah, you sure can dish out your crap. You couldn't resist attacking me, could you? What a pompous Texan ass. Have a nice day, POPS.

quote:
DRJ I did not attack you at all, but I did correct some of your misinformation. SON,

TIT for TAT!

DRJ, Who was it here that started off calling names, and continue to do so below?

quote:
For a good long time, I have noted that some forum types have made constant snide remarks about Sabatti doubles, some of which they deserved after the muzzle rifling grinding fiasco early on, so I resorted to a little good fun, trying to poke fun at it all in my remarks about everybody knowing that Sabatti are junk, etc., but Mac, obviously knowing that he played a major role in calling them trash, took my remarks as an attack on him (which they weren't), so he found need to try to condemn me, in the underhanded one upmanship way he does such things. So be it, I always knew he was a pompous Texas ass, as I told him the first time I "met" him, on this forum, and as I told him in response to his attempted consternation.

This in bold and italics above may be true, but I certainly don’t remember it if it is!

quote:
by DRJ:
I certainly am not alone in that assessment, for several guys over the past few years have sent me PMs saying the same thing, while they left this forum to never return--that is a loss of quality people to this forum, but you Mutt and Jeff types don't care about all that, I know. You continue to play your juvenile games on your pathetic play ground. So be it.

The post above deeply saddens me. However I will live on just the same! If I misjudged you I apologize for that, but I can tell you for certain you have misjudged me! That is OK I can live with that as well. Because we disagree on a subject is no reason for all this. You say your post was simply poking fun, well so was mine till you got angry and started calling names.

DRJ, you know as well as I do that the double rifle is the most misunderstood firearm in the world, and that is not just by people who have never even owned one, but some people who should know, but constantly repeat misinformation in print in gun magazines, and on the internet. What I would like to get an answer to is: Why does trying to correct misinformation printed about double rifles make one a TEXASS, or any kind of ASS for that matter?

Double rifles have been my passion since the age of six years when a local hardware store owner showed me his cased H&H royal double that had taken all the mounted animals on the walls of his large store. I was 21 years old before I bought my first double rifle and I have never been without at least one since. In the 55years since I bought that first one I have owned well over 30 double rifles, and built and/or re-barreled several more. In that length of time one will accidently learn something about how they are made, and how they work. Early on I made every mistake that all unschooled novice makes, and over time corrected those mistakes.

It seems some can’t abide being corrected, and that is normal unless it has to do with things that can get you killed, and just about everything about mistakes with a double rifle may do just that!

A kangaroo court here gave the most knowledgeable person on this subject so much crap he no longer posts anyplace on the internet. Express 400 NITRO (Mark Cash) has forgotten more about double rifles than most here will learn in the rest of their lives, myself included. That is a shame because he did a lot to educate a lot of young double rifle shooters.

If it is the choice here that I leave AR, I certainly will, that is simply a matter of turning off the computer! Over and out!

....................................................................... wave

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Dang!

All I did is buy a cheap double rifle in .45/70 caliber with foreknowledge that it was somewhat of a crapshoot considering the prior threads here. I rolled the dice, picked a number, drew four in five-card draw hand and spun the wheel. I also hedged my bet by buying it at a greatly reduced bargain (that is, if it worked). Big Grin

I won that lottery, but now folks have started pissing each other off when all I wanted to do is share my excitement trying out a new (and what happened to turn out to be a quite functional) rifle.

I should have known better.

I've know that Mac has (or has had) multiple double rifles, many, many more than my 8 or 9, I'll bet. He knows the parlance and history of the beast. He's given me and lots of others here great advice and guidance in our searches for fine firearms. I certainly respect his opinions as based on good experience.

I think doubleriflejack presently owns more than two dozen doubles of varied calibers and makes (mostly British vintage and a few German). He's actually been trained in regulating doubles and apparently done it dozens of times in a long career. I'd think that creates some credibility.

What I know is that if either visited the others house without any preconception of the others knowledge or character, they'd find they had more in common than they disagree.

You guys fuss, if you want. As for this old fart, I'm taking my S------ double hunting in the morning and see if I can get some stupid deer within 70 yards or so and ruin his morning.

JMHO.

JudgeG,

So well spoken. Good hunting with that 'Piece of Shi''>

Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
TIT for TAT!

Mac, you got that right; we agree on those three words. Too bad you are so vindictive and full of yourself, but understandable with your being a Texan. Again, you mean nothing to me, what you think, do, say, I could give a rat's ass about.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doubleriflejack:

Why no love for Texas? I think you may be mixing up Texans with goofball Canadians ....

You'll find there are plenty of good Texans on this site. There is also plenty of room for both you and Mac to share your views on doubles and much more. Both of you should take Judge's suggestions to heart and put away the knives. I suspect both of you have plenty to contribute.

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
+1 beer

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tygersman:
I think you may be mixing up Texans with goofball Canadians ....

Er, steady on there! rotflmo
Some of my best friends are Canucks! wave

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
I recommend that either you two fellows forget
about this thread and start anew with each other,
relegating each other's sins as far away "as the
East is from the West", or you each put the other
on "ignore". I highly favor my first idea over the
"ignore" option.

You both contribute a lot here.

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:

That is very disrespectful. Great people have died and almost died earning that medal.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He wouldn't understand that, probably thinks it's handed out on a lucky dip basis !!!

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote