THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    This is what I do... for all my DR buddies
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is what I do... for all my DR buddies
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted
This is not uncommon in the world of Air Traffic Control... this is actually a mild storm with moderate impact... but you get an idea of what I do...

FedEx arrivals

notice at the end, how they scatter away from the airport at the weather... this is when my job gets interesting... I work in Houston, but this is the same scenario we run on a bad weather day...

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muffin
posted Hide Post
Right there with you, my friend.

Working at my last facility, ZMA, ZJX and now ZTL, 12 months to go.

Most here may not 'get it', but there are several of us that have been or are ' on the boards'.

Saw this clip a while back, still good.

thumb

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Grats... I work at ZHU and work Hattiesburg, Mobile and Brookley sectors and deal with ZTL all the times. 10 years for me... but I'll only be 48 then, maybe I'll become a PH Smiler my initials are OD...

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muffin
posted Hide Post
Gadsden H, Gunter UH, QQ

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Hi Al,
That is truly AMAZING! You must be one hell of a video game player!
Keep up the good work!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
"All the little ants are marching...."

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
... this is when my job gets interesting... I work in Houston, but this is the same scenario we run on a bad weather day...

Back in the late 80's I flew a C182 out of CFD in Bryan, Texas carrying skydivers to 10,000 feet over and over all day. I talked to Houston Center to let them know 5 minutes before each jump. On stormy days we would sit at the airport and wait for a hole in the clouds to appear. On more than one occasion as I spoke to Houston they would say "Easterwood is still IFR, are you sure you are in VFR conditions?" I alway was - I had to be because the plane had only the bare minimum instruments. Everthing that was not legally required was gone to make the plane lighter so it would climb fast. Still I don't think they believed me - skydivers and the FAA didn't exactly trust each other back then.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote