THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My Searcy 450NE complete and on video!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Searcy 450NE complete and on video!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
VIDEO
Wait 5 seconds after you click on the link.

This one has Shoe-Lump barrels.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. Wish you all the best.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Is it difficult to get into Canada ?

Posts: 12022 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Nice.

Is it difficult to get into Canada ?

I don't know if anything has changed.There are gun stores who provide importing services for a reasonable fee.I believe they are set up both in the US and Canada.It takes a few weeks from once they receive the rifle at their US location.Aside from waiting a few weeks and filling out some paperwork there is not much else thankfully.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
VIDEO
Wait 5 seconds after you click on the link.

This one has Shoe-Lump barrels.

Dam link not working on my laptop !!!!!!!

Posts: 491 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Very nice. And you picked the right cartridge.

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Wow that is super nice, I'm not a double person but I would be proud to own that one. Great timber.
Very interested to see how it shoots, best of luck in Africa and blood it well.

Posts: 3880 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
what country is the walnut from ?

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
what country is the walnut from ?

I don't know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks good.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I believe that Butch gets his wood from Luxus(the company). I know that they have Turkish Walnut. Nice rifle! tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.I wish you all lots of nice rifles and many safaris.

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle but an 82 meg 40 second video for what could have been accomplished with about 5 photos and 5 meg????

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10096 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1138 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
Nice rifle but an 82 meg 40 second video for what could have been accomplished with about 5 photos and 5 meg????

I am puzzled by this comment. What does it mean or signify? Is it a technical issue that I do not know about?

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is Mike pushing to be a moderator?

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you all.I wish you all lots of nice rifles and many safaris.

Good man George,a very nice rifle.jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shootaway;

Please post photos of the shoe lump barrels of your DR when it is delivered. I had heard that the maker was building a few DR's with shoe lump barrels and it interests me to see if he uses the typical method as do VC and Heym to attach the shoe lump to the barrels. Photos of the rear of the barrels (chamber end) and the barrel flats (from the front of the flats and from the sides)are desired. I am not asking this to pry into his trade methods, but to attempt to determine if he uses the same method as I and others have used in making and attaching shoe lumps. Attaching shoe lumps properly is an art in and of itself, not to mention the difficulty in machining them per the lumps and attaching surfaces.

Kindest Regards;

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Transvaal:
shootaway;

Please post photos of the shoe lump barrels of your DR when it is delivered. I had heard that the maker was building a few DR's with shoe lump barrels and it interests me to see if he uses the typical method as do VC and Heym to attach the shoe lump to the barrels. Photos of the rear of the barrels (chamber end) and the barrel flats (from the front of the flats and from the sides)are desired. I am not asking this to pry into his trade methods, but to attempt to determine if he uses the same method as I and others have used in making and attaching shoe lumps. Attaching shoe lumps properly is an art in and of itself, not to mention the difficulty in machining them per the lumps and attaching surfaces.

Kindest Regards;

Sure, Transvaal.I will post pictures one I receive it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a correction.This is a mono bloc action not a shoe Lump.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice George!

shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Searcy 450NE arrived.
It fits and points just perfect.
It is noticeably lighter than my 500NE.
It has a mercury recoil reducer and a NECG universal removable recoil pad.
All the screws are timed.
I am going to wait a little while before shooting it-I just got beat up by my Lott yesterday.
The wood and the color case hardening look much nicer in person.
It locks up like a bank vault-really impressive.
Barrel length from muzzle to breech is 25 inches.
Overall weight, mercury brake included is 10lbs 6oz.
[URL= ]Searcy 450NE[/URL]

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congratulations

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11020 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Looks good

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Beatifull double congratulations .Leo Pfadt bougth a Searcy in 375hyh and hes very happy with it .I supouse ill hunt whitetails ,with that rifle .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6369 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Love your new Searcy, George! tu2

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Looks great. Case ain’t bad either!

Posts: 3462 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!!!

Posts: 2330 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle.
Rumor has it the London makers are jealous as hell.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Nice rifle.
Rumor has it the London makers are jealous as hell.
Cal

Big Grin
tu2

DRSS

Posts: 1930 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. No caveats.
No snippy remarks.
Just let het man enjoy his rifle.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Although I have not shot it yet, it works fine.
I loaded some rounds for it using Woodleigh 480gr RNSP's and Hornady cases.It chambers and works the rounds well.I gave the bore a cleaning and it is now ready for the big test at the range-the moment of truth.I would like to see what the recoil is like too.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although I have not shot it yet, it works fine.
I loaded some rounds for it using Woodleigh 480gr RNSP's and Hornady cases.It chambers and works the rounds well.I gave the bore a cleaning and it is now ready for the big test at the range-the moment of truth.I would like to see what the recoil is like too.

Nice. Looking forward to seeing the results.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from the range.I am a happy man in that I made the right choice in buying another Searcy.
Like my 500NE, this one shoots dead centre with the rear sight set dead centre.I don't need to move the rear sight right or left, it is perfect from the start.That is really important to me.
As far as accuracy the right barrel grouped 3 out of 4 shots in one hole(a clover leaf).The left barrel needed a couple of fouler shots before it to started grouping just an inch to the left of the right barrel group at 50yds.
As for the recoil, I can shoot it all day.It is special in that department as well.It is pleasant to shoot-night and day compared to my Lotts.
It all turned out well with the rifle exceeding my expectations.It is on the road to becoming my go to rifle.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
That’s great to hear. Did you happen to chrono your loads?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
That’s great to hear. Did you happen to chrono your loads?

No not yet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot this target at 50yds today.
The group was closer last time.
Three shots from the left barrel on the left and two shots from the right barrel on the right.
I am going to use a slightly lower from sight.

[URL= ]50yds[/URL]

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Cant complain about that but if at 100m might be a fair bit more apart than that.
Did you try 100m off bench?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Cant complain about that but if at 100m might be a fair bit more apart than that.
Did you try 100m off bench?

The barrels are still settling down after a big cleaning I gave them.I will shoot at 100yds soon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Last week.Four to the right and three to the left.

[URL= ]50yds[/URL]