Find
Notify
Tools

Why not Kreighoff?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
If it fits you and you like it, why not.
I like mine.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Be careful if your Heym is a 80B model...

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What happened?

Posts: 1279 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
What happened?

The receiver of at least two double barrel 80B ‘exploded‘. I have an article describing the incident - but only in German. Heym won‘t accept responsibility but blames the previous management...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting article in SOUTH AFRICAN HUNTER - THE MAGAZINE FOR THE HUNTER AND CONSERVATIONIST by André van Dyk (Editor)

“Krieghoff might not be a household name in South Africa, but speak to any professional hunter or a hunter that hunts big game regularly and you will soon discover that this excellent rifle manufactured in Ulm, Germany, enjoys celebrity status. Because of its reability the Krieghoff double must be the most widely-used rifle by professional hunters on the African continent.

Here in South Africa, Krieghoff is undoubtely known as the "master of the doubles“ as the majority of double owners will opt for a Krieghoff as it is very reliable and durable and has withstood all the tests the harsh African continent has put it to.“

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
In my experience a lot of PHs in Africa like to see the K-rifles because they are less likely to accidently shoot the PH when a client drops the rifle. These rifle are very safe to carry while loaded and de-cocked, but once cocked act just like any good double rifle, because of it's design, in a tight spot with an ele, or buffalo that may require more than two shots very quickly.

.................................................................. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Could it be the steel on that Heym was heated or heat treated to a toast? If that can happen.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I think the popularity of the Krieghoff doubles in southern Africa among PHs has more to do with their special pricing programs for PHs than anything to do with the relative quality of the rifles compared to other options. Offer PHs a choice between a Krieghoff and a Heym at the same price and see which one will be the "master of the doubles".

Wink

Mike

Posts: 21390 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear, I think the K rifle is a good rifle. I even said so, but at the price of a new one, I would and did by a Heym or a VC.

A clean used K rifle at 9-11k is a great buy. If the stock fits and you like how the rifle is specd out like you like. But at16 k new. I think you get more with VC or Heym

Posts: 11385 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Just to be clear, I think the K rifle is a good rifle. I even said so, but at the price of a new one, I would and did by a Heym or a VC.

A clean used K rifle at 9-11k is a great buy. If the stock fits and you like how the rifle is specd out like you like. But at16 k new. I think you get more with VC or Heym

If all double rifles cost the same, there would still be a choice made by what features the buyer wants. In my case if they were all priced the same I would have safe full of Westley Richards in everything from 303m Brit to 500NE! However that is only a day dream that will never be seen in my life time!

.................................................................... diggin wait till I dig my fox hole before you start shooting! Eeker

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:

A used K gun can be had at an easy 8k,where are you getting your prices? I paid 11400 for mine new,with great wood,BTW I do have two Heyms as well,all great rifles,when I am hunting I do not care what is in my hands,they all shoot goodSmiler,including my O/U 458 Lott CZ tu2

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Both Heym and me are German. I contacted Heym and asked for a double barrel catalog plus price list. Unreal but true: the company has neither catalog nor price list, not even on the internet! Only a catalog showing bolt action rifles, single barrel rifles and combinations guns. Heym told me I should have a look at the US website. For prices I must contact Heym Germany.

Well, in Germany not many hunters seem to be interested in Heym double barrel rifles. Maybe because of the problems with model 80B? With Krieghoff doubles it‘s a complete different story. A lot of hunters buy their Classic and Classic Big Five double barrel rifles..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
Both Heym and me are German. I contacted Heym and asked for a double barrel catalog plus price list. Unreal but true: the company has neither catalog nor price list, not even on the internet! Only a catalog showing bolt action rifles, single barrel rifles and combinations guns. Heym told me I should have a look at the US website. For prices I must contact Heym Germany.

Sunshine;

Apparently the Heym individual who responded to your request of a catalogue is ignorant of the world facts. Via the web search for HeymUSA.com and you can download the Heym catalogues. I even have a printed 4 or 5 page Heym catalogue of 3 years back which in vivid color shows all their bolt action rifles, double rifles and shotguns. The catalogue I have is printed in English and does not have prices.

Well, in Germany not many hunters seem to be interested in Heym double barrel rifles. Maybe because of the problems with model 80B? With Krieghoff doubles it‘s a complete different story. A lot of hunters buy their Classic and Classic Big Five double barrel rifles..

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Transvaal you misunderstood me. That Heym individual is correct of course. He told me to have a look at the USA catalog because THERE IS NO CATALOG IN GERMAN LANGUAGE. If a German gun manufacturer hasn‘t got a catalog for the German market it only means there is only a small demand, not worthwhile to have a German catalog printed.

The language in Germany is German, no German hunter would page through an American catalog if he wants to buy a gun in his own country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sunshine;

I understand better now. You must be on the right track about why Heym do not have a German printed catalogue. Seems odd to me that the local demand for Heym rifles is low as they are such well engineered rifles and even have shoe lump barrels.

I hope that one of the USA Heym people makes a comment about this subject.

Posts: 348 | Location: South Carolina USA | Registered: 20 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Transvaal:
Sunshine;

I understand better now. You must be on the right track about why Heym do not have a German printed catalogue. Seems odd to me that the local demand for Heym rifles is low as they are as they are such well engineered rifles and even have shoe lump barrels.

I hope that one of the USA Heym people makes a comment about this subject.

Looks like there is one for the single-barrel rifles, but doubles go right to heymusa. Interesting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
quote:

A used K gun can be had at an easy 8k,where are you getting your prices? I paid 11400 for mine new,with great wood,BTW I do have two Heyms as well,all great rifles,when I am hunting I do not care what is in my hands,they all shoot goodSmiler,including my O/U 458 Lott CZ tu2

Last time I looked at them, about three years ago , when the ejector Krifles came on the market that was the asking price I saw on gunbroker. 9k or8k used does not matter in clean used guns a great buy if you like it.

Just to kick a little, I think Heym makes their barrels.

16 K was what everyone who were selling them had them stickers for at Dallas Safari Convection last year. I am sure these were ejector rifles.

Posts: 11385 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine:
Both Heym and me are German. I contacted Heym and asked for a double barrel catalog plus price list. Unreal but true: the company has neither catalog nor price list, not even on the internet! Only a catalog showing bolt action rifles, single barrel rifles and combinations guns. Heym told me I should have a look at the US website.

Hello, Sunshine.

HEYM tends to focus on building rifles and depends on their distributors - in their respective countries - to focus on the marketing. The vast majority of double rifle production comes to the US, so the marketing resources are focused there.

Having said that, I'm sure that Safari and Outdoor would be glad to help you with pricing and availability in South Africa.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I think the popularity of the Krieghoff doubles in southern Africa among PHs has more to do with their special pricing programs for PHs than anything to do with the relative quality of the rifles compared to other options. Offer PHs a choice between a Krieghoff and a Heym at the same price and see which one will be the "master of the doubles".

Wink

Mike I believe you are correct in that assessment of the K-gun popularity.

I consider the K-guns to be working rifles, and are marketed as such. The K-rifles have some things that are desirable to the guy who wants a double rifle for practical purposes only. They are safe to carry loaded, and reliable and that is fine with me. The only reason I do not have one is They simply do not fit me well and I would have to restock one to fit. Otherwise I would have a couple with one chambered for 375 H&H flanged, open sights and scoped in claws, and one chambered for 450-400NE 3inch. with open sights, and a base for a Docter optics! However I would not pay 16K for one. In that case I would buy one of the new Heyms!
....................................................................... coffee

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kreigoff is advertising a sharp sidelock double is this issue of Sports Afiled. Very traditional looking and no cocking system. It appears to be a back action.

The model is called the Essencia.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Everyone with brains or taste should buy a Kreighoff, just for their advertising:

Craig Boddington, an accomplished hunter and knowledgeable writer remarks: “After using it in the field, I am increasingly impressed with your cocking device versus a traditional safety. Great rifle, and of course it performed wonderfully.”

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12599 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
No disrespect to CB.
Or , those posting here-

yet, having owned the first 500 NE K gun imported to the US-
and having owned 50+ doubles in the past 46 years--

Having to send the K Gun in for doubling (very early on)-

then, after its upgrade,-
having run well over 1000 rounds through it over the next several years-
having also owned K guns in 500-416 and 9.3-
and having put hundreds of rounds through them-
both in hunting , and, practice-

Opinion-

they are accurate -
(Heym barrels on almost all)

they hold up-

they are reasonably good 50 to 100 yard (or more) Double Rifles-
they are not good 5 to 20 yards RIGHT F---- NOW double rifles-

as, they should be cocked on the way up to the shoulder ,using the weight if the gun to add leverage to the cocking mechanism
and de-cocked on the way down- again, using the weight of the gun as leverage-

trying to cock from the ready at the shoulder --
without relinquishing control of the the firearm and losing sight sight picture (and truly- control of the rifle)
no one short of a a mythical Hercules can accomplish the the task-

So- at its price point -
the K gun is a serviceable, but sub-optimal double rifle-

their slender frame, while strong is made in one size only-
they are thus, generally, light for caliber in the larger calibers,
yet forward heavy,due to non-tapered barrels-
thus, requiring weight in the butt stock, both for balance and recoil diminution-

so, in new or used, moderately priced double rifles-
for me,
they and the Merkel fall in behind the Heym,
and, then the Chapuis,

because,
the operational utility of a properly weighted for caliber,
properly balanced without weights added,
tapered barrel, frame appropriate for caliber,
conventional safety , intercepting sear, double rifle-
far out weighs the presumed "safety" advantages of the K Gun cocking system-

your mileage may vary-

then again-
each to their own-

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kreigoff is advertising a sharp sidelock double is this issue of Sports Afiled. Very traditional looking and no cocking system. It appears to be a back action.

That’s not a rifle but a shotgun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
In my opinion the Krieghoff Classic (Big Five) is a misconstruction. The idea behind is excellent but no woman or people with arthritis or otherwise weak hands are able to cock the rifle, at least it will be bloody difficult. If you are young/strong - no problem with that gun.

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Like the shotgun of the same name, those are made by Ziegenhahn and engraved with the Kreighoff name.

Jens makes a great gun. I handled that one at IWA last year, and we import some of their boxlock shotguns too.

I don't recall the exact price on the double, but 45K Euro comes to mind?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No price was given, but I could see that. The rifle pictured has a fair amount of gold inlaid.

Again, 45K Euros versus 18K green backs for a traditional, English style double. The Heym is a box lock versus this back action side lock. Buyers will have to decide who has the value. I was and am not in the market for a back action side lock. Said another way, if 45k Euros is a good price, it might as well be 450,000 Euros to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No price was given, but I could see that. The rifle pictured has a fair amount of gold inlaid.

Again, 45K Euros versus 18K green backs for a traditional, English style double. The Heym is a box lock versus this back action side lock. Buyers will have to decide who has the value. I was and am not in the market for a back action side lock. Said another way, if 45k Euros is a good price, it might as well be 450,000 Euros to me.

For 45K Euros (US$53,500.00)one can purchase a wonderful used Purdey, Boss or Holland shotgun, and have a gun that will hold its value and be a "joy forever".

One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Dugga Boye, I think that we can all agree that the shooter who uses only one type of
system in all rifles and shotguns is served better than mixing the use of various
sorts of systems.
1- So, if a shooter uses only the Krieghoff cocking system, and practices shooting at
least, with one range visit per week, can the average person become skilled enough
in your opinion to use their rifle in zero to twenty yard, Right Now shooting situations?
2- Which caliber is the best caliber, from 375 H & H Flanged Magnum UP, regarding
your points that the action is offered in one size only, and the balance of the rifle is
not optimal with many calibers, requiring weighting in the stock, etc., such that with
the best caliber choice we would see a rifle balanced as closely to the British pattern
of weight predominately between the hands?

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
D R Hunter,

I cannot speak to the current K gun production,
the smaller caliber barrels may now have smaller outer diameters, or be tapered -
I do not think they do, however,
I do not know-
since, I gave up on them over a decade ago.

In the early guns,
the 450-400,9.3 and 375 Belted were not terribly uncomfortable to shoot without weight in the butt stock-
(never fired the 375 Flanged K Gun)

The 500 and 470's (and to some degree the 500-416)
were unpleasant , to say the least,
without mercury or lead augmentation.

In general, none felt comparatively balanced to my English (or some of my other ) double rifles.

Specific practice of specific tasks,
in general does increase speed and efficiency,
that said:
As to someone becoming proficient from the shoulder to remove a K Gun DR from safe,
in a controlled fashion, maintaining point of aim,

I am unaware of anyone that can do this reliably on command, if at all.

Additionally,
certain situations from the ready at the shoulder are simply not possible:

IE: if the PH commanded :
GUN UP- SAFE (hold target)
THEN:
SHOOT (unsafe the gun)

and particularly then-
IF -
there is a sudden command change to:
DON'T SHOOT -(SAFE the gun)

While off the shoulder, with the gun on safe at low position,
you can practice and become relatively fluid in the:
(1) lift/cock,
then,
(2) shoulder/aim/fire ,
two step procedure.
that is then-Reversed to down/un-cock

Even so, this is sub-optimal in time and efficiency
as compared to a standard manual tang safety .

For me, having hunted and practiced with the guns ,
I choose to have in my hands,
particularly -up close,
a more expeditious and controllable safety mechanism,
which is available to be utilized in a split second
from any relative position.

To me ,
the inferred safety advantages of the K Gun are just that :
inferred.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
DuggaBoye,

You have PERFECTLY answered all of my questions about the Krieghoff, and
I really appreciate your communication skills!!! Thank you very much!!!
salute

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I also have a perspective, based on experience, to add to the K gun lovers and haters. I have two of them, a 9.3 and a 450-400. Same size frame but of course, the 400 has bigger barrels. The 9.3 was imported directly from Germany and has no engraved animals on it, and was "cock every time" before I installed a cocking bar.
Now, if you think the double rifle world standard is an English style with a thumb safety and thin muzzles, then you won't like a Krieghoff. It is simply a different animal. Neither good nor bad. I have several of the others and like them too.
Here is what needs to happen; TRAIN as you FIGHT. Learn to operate each type and shoot fast with them; it can be done. True, cocking them is not for the weak of hand, of course it is not a simple thumb click. If all you have used is a thumb safety, then you won't take to the cocker type without practice.
Both types exist and people use, like, and hate them; like other consumer products.
Now, Price; K guns used to be a good deal, way below others. If they have increased the prices up to where others are, like Heym, Chaps, and VC, then they aren't bought as a deal any more, they would be bought because you want one.
(Still not sure why double rifle prices are increasing when the Euro continues to fall against the dollar.)
Bottom line, I like them all and have learned to operate them equally well. I do not hate any of them.

Posts: 17180 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
D R Hunter,

the smaller caliber barrels may now have smaller outer diameters, or be tapered -
I do not know-

In the early guns,
the 450-400,9.3 and 375 Belted were not terribly uncomfortable to shoot without weight in the butt stock-

In general, none felt comparatively balanced to my English (or some of my other ) double rifles.

that said:
As to someone becoming proficient from the shoulder to remove a K Gun DR from safe,

Additionally,

THEN:
SHOOT (unsafe the gun)

and particularly then-
IF -

(1) lift/cock,
then,
(2) shoulder/aim/fire ,
two step procedure.

particularly -up close,

To me ,
inferred.

DuggaBoye,

I completely agree with your assessment of the K guns operation and short range liabilities.

I had the opportunity to follow my wounded lion into some terribly thick Africa in 2005. My PH on that Safari was Alister Norton. He instructed me, due to the cocking device to go into the bush, cocked. He was wise and experienced enough to know that had I been charged, I may not be able to cock the rifle and get a killing shot off in sufficient time.

Charge came, we were actually side by side at the time.

That said, Mike Burke here on AR and I got into this debate several years ago. He posted a video of him cocking his K gun while at the shoulder or raising it to the shoulder, I cannot remember.

I cannot repeat that with mine.

Great and informative posting DuggaBoye.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3449 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought mine because I liked the idea of the decocker setup on it. I am not hunting DG with it though. I haven't had any issues with using it, takes a bit of effort, but, not enough that it matters to me. For what I wanted, it is a great carry gun and a great bush gun, and if necessary will do a bit of somewhat longer range duty. I had them put the Big 5 stock on it, I am happy, in that it does what I wanted it to do for me.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
My Kreighoff .470 served me very well. It was accurate and well constructed. Very safe to carry and you simply had to learn to cock it on the rise.

One of the few doubles you felt comfortable resting against your body whilst glassing for game or fiddling with sticks.

I regret selling it.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9905 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
My Kreighoff .470 served me very well. It was accurate and well constructed. Very safe to carry and you simply had to learn to cock it on the rise.

One of the few doubles you felt comfortable resting against your body whilst glassing for game or fiddling with sticks.

I regret selling it.

I agree with Andrew! It makes no difference what rifle you use, there is a learning curve that must be completed before it is taken into the field with dangerous animals.
The K-gun is a very safe rifle to use, but it "IS" different and must be learned to get the best from it's use!
............................................................................. old

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
D R Hunter,

I do not know-

In the early guns,

that said:

Additionally,

THEN:
SHOOT (unsafe the gun)

and particularly then-
IF -

(1) lift/cock,
then,
(2) shoulder/aim/fire ,
two step procedure.

particularly -up close,

To me ,
inferred.

DuggaBoye,

I completely agree with your assessment of the K guns operation and short range liabilities.

I had the opportunity to follow my wounded lion into some terribly thick Africa in 2005. My PH on that Safari was Alister Norton. He instructed me, due to the cocking device to go into the bush, cocked. He was wise and experienced enough to know that had I been charged, I may not be able to cock the rifle and get a killing shot off in sufficient time.

That said, Mike Burke here on AR and I got into this debate several years ago. He posted a video of him cocking his K gun while at the shoulder or raising it to the shoulder, I cannot remember.

Steve

Just curious here not looking to start anything,why would you not have your safety off while going into heavy bush after a wounded cat anyways regardless of the make of the rifle? in a fast & furious situation? I would have my safety off.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

I regret selling it.

I agree with Andrew! It makes no difference what rifle you use, there is a learning curve that must be completed before it is taken into the field with dangerous animals.
The K-gun is a very safe rifle to use, but it "IS" different and must be learned to get the best from it's use!
............................................................................. old

Mac & Andrew,
very well said,I have no qualms taking my K-gun on any hunts,have done so & will do so again hopefully this year.

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

Wink

Mike,
Is there not a video of you being chased by a jumbo somewhere on the net buddy? what rifle were you carrying that day? did you feel underguned over safetied etc lol beer
Btw,only one jumbo to my credit & it was with the Cz O/U 458 Lott,all the best.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
D R Hunter,

I do not know-

In the early guns,

that said:

Additionally,

THEN:
SHOOT (unsafe the gun)

and particularly then-
IF -

(1) lift/cock,
then,
(2) shoulder/aim/fire ,
two step procedure.

particularly -up close,

To me ,
inferred.

DuggaBoye,

Steve

Just curious here not looking to start anything,why would you not have your safety off while going into heavy bush after a wounded cat anyways regardless of the make of the rifle? in a fast & furious situation? I would have my safety off.

Nope,

My LARM or Charles Osborne are simply top tang safeties. They both, easily glide from safe to fire like hot buttered rum.

Going to fire from safe takes no additional time or effort.

I'm no little weakling dude with soft hands. When I say my cocking device CANNOT be operated from the shoulder or on the rise, it just CANNOT be.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3449 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:

I regret selling it.

And exactly how do you rehearse following up a poorly shot lion?

Shooting at a charging piece of paper perhaps?

Now, I might have made the same statement prior to my experience with it.

I can safely say, my K-gun, will never get on another airplane as long as I own it.

Standing out in the desert or shooting range with all the time in the world...sure.

Mac, with "all your African experience," just how would you carry the K-gun, whilst following up a lion?

Formerly "Nganga"