THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Todd Williams finally gets a serious rifle !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Todd Williams finally gets a serious rifle !
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys,

finally Todd have decided to get a serious rifle. He received it yesterday, but has not told anyone yet. I have through FBI and NSA been able to obtain pictures of it, but due to internet codes and photo security the pictures will be presented by a fellow AR member Smiler

WE are happy that Todd finally took some good advice.

Congrats to Todd on his new rifle and we welcome him to the Blaser family ! tu2

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1140 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20159 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, nice piece! About time!

Posts: 20159 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Nice try boys!

barf barf barf

How can any of you find beauty in that POS?

space

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely! I think there was a manufacturing error. They forgot one of the barrels.
Nice one.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
POS - Piece of shit ??

Posts: 1140 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FLGrizzy
posted Hide Post
Blackfly is right !!!!! Nice rifle BUT THE OTHER BARREL IS MISSING tu2

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!!!

Posts: 489 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He uses single barrel rifles as well, seen it in the picture he posted of his deer on the American Hunting thread. (unless he photoshopped that pic) shocker

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Todd:
If you're interested in a trade--my .500 Watson and some cash for your treasure.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd wouldn't trade his new treasure for anything!

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
I noticed the photos were carefully done so as not to reveal any screws. Shootaway wants to know if they are timed?

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7623 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
................................................................ jumping jumping jumping tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You do not find any timed screws on this rifle animal

Did'nt you guys like Todd's red pad ? Maybe the rifle should have been presented in the Red pad thread ?? Whistling

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen: Who makes this style of Blaser low scope mount? CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a Blaser mount.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
And it may be the best quick detach scope mount available today.

Mike

Posts: 21673 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They redesigned them a year or two ago...maybe that's why it doesn't look familiar.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I think I found them. Look like genuine Blaser 34mm standard alloys with the rabbit cut in the bar which I assume is for the large diameter rings. No wonder I couldn't find them the first time. Hadn't looked at 34's. Thanks to all. CB

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of scope do you need 34mm rings for? That's for the big police sniper S&Bs and such, isn't it?

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
34mm can't be right. VX6 scope is only 30mm. EuroOptic pics must not be correct. Well. Whatever it is it's nice and on a rifle with a nice stock and dandy scope. So, congrats to the new owner.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Yeah Beibs. You got it. Much to my embarrassment, I just discovered that when I went to the Leupold site to see if the scope on this Blaser was available in 34mm. It's not. Hence my humble correction. Here's the ring mount I saw at Eu-Op. SKU BR_34_QD_ALUM It looks exactly like the one on this gun. Same modern style rings, same rabbit in the bar for the rings. Must be a pic error.
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
What kind of scope do you need 34mm rings for? That's for the big police sniper S&Bs and such, isn't it?

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
I don't care who you are... That's a pretty gun!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDA-CO:
I don't care who you are... That's a pretty gun!

I think you need your eyes checked! That thing is a horror thought! barf

Cool

One of Us
Picture of JDA-CO
posted Hide Post
Maybe, but I like the looks of that thing!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
I heard Todd was telling Shootaway that his new Blaser is the "Best Rifle in the World".

Nah, only third best. Shootacow's is the best, and there is a Sabatti 9.3 out there laying claim to the second best. So 3rd best is all I can claim!

Nice to have so many ... Blaser friends! 2020

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
I heard Todd was telling Shootaway that his new Blaser is the "Best Rifle in the World".

Nah, only third best. Shootacow's is the best, and there is a Sabatti 9.3 out there laying claim to the second best. So 3rd best is all I can claim!

Nice to have so many ... Blaser friends! 2020

Big Grin

Shame on you WTW donttroll

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
For me it needs:

- oval cheek piece
- proper case color hardening on receiver
- proper scroll engraving

But basically, I like it...

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
34mm can't be right. VX6 scope is only 30mm VX6 scope is only 30mm. EuroOptic pics must not be correct. Well. Whatever it is it's nice and on a rifle with a nice stock and dandy scope. So, congrats to the new owner.

Unless your talking the new VX-6, 7-42x56 telescope telescope scope which has a 34mm tube. Kinda defeats the need for a spotting scope Big Grin

IIRC, there is at least one other VX-6 that uses the 34mm tube. The specific model escapes me right now.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Barrels:
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
34mm can't be right. VX6 scope is only 30mm VX6 scope is only 30mm. EuroOptic pics must not be correct. Well. Whatever it is it's nice and on a rifle with a nice stock and dandy scope. So, congrats to the new owner.

Unless your talking the new VX-6, 7-42x56 telescope scope which has a 34mm tube. Kinda defeats the need for a spotting scope Big Grin

IIRC, there is at least one other VX-6 that uses the 34mm tube. The specific model escapes me right now.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TwoZero
posted Hide Post
Wood to metal fit is better than the searcy on the other thread... stir

Posts: 270 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: 19 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Mr S. is going to regret that SHOOTACOW rifle...

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote