THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Tightening Searcy firing pins
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tightening Searcy firing pins
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys....just noticed the firing pins on my Searcy had backed out a thread or two. Although I used my finger to tighten them flush....is there a tool to tighten then TIGHT...or at least tighter? Never had a double do that before.

Thanks,

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
www.searcyent.com
call Butch - He'll take your call

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jeff.....I know Butch, but don't want to send it back to him....just got it back after a re-stock. Are you thinking he could send me a tool for the task?.....that would be fine, but I don't want to send the rifle back to him......I missed her too much over those 5 long months.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
he'd make it right.. and might tell you to just make a spanner screw driver... easy enough to do with a 4" grinder

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39692 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You read my mind.. Wink...actually had a tool that didn't need quite the modification.

Thanks, Jeff.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

one of us
posted Hide Post
actually i have 1 of butches tools for tightening these fireing pins i owed in the pas a 700 nitro and a 500nitro from searcy

if you want this tool send me a pm and i will mail you the thing as i no longer have a use for it.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent....THANKS!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
Hey guys....just noticed the firing pins on my Searcy had backed out a thread or two. Although I used my finger to tighten them flush....is there a tool to tighten then TIGHT...or at least tighter? Never had a double do that before.

Thanks,

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Garby, I Can't remember and I don't have a Searcy here to look at! Does the Searcy have the disk with two holes on either side of the nose of the firing pin, or a slot that runs through the pin hole from one side to the other?

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mac......a disc with 3 holes in it around the firing pin.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
Mac......a disc with 3 holes in it around the firing pin.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

That would be a hard tool to make at home! I think I'd give Butch a call, and ask where you could buy that tool, or if he makes his own. If he makes his own, ask for a price to make you one, because it is evident you need one!

The other two I discribed would be quite easy by simply modifying a screwdriver!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents.....Brownells sells such a tool....for $20....cheapest thing about a double I've ever bought!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to 700 Nitro for his offer to send me a tool he has for such a task.....Brownells is out of them and I want to to some range time!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

one of us
posted Hide Post
its in the mail. it should be there in 3-4 days hopefully sooner you know the postal system.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC