THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Docter optic red dot sight on a double rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Docter optic red dot sight on a double rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of carpediem4570
posted
Good Day to All:

Does anyone here have a Docter Optic red dot sight mounted to their double?

If so, which model and how do you like it?

Kindest Regards,

carpediem

No politician who supports gun control should recieve armed protection paid for by those he is trying to disarm.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-scotch in one hand-Chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WHOO-HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!"

Madly Off In All Directions

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doctor sights are great, chose the 3.5 MOA, but you need to know that they are a pain to regulate ( 10 rounds at least instead of the usual 3 ), that the screws to adjust them are soft as butter, and you have to renew the settings each time you change batteries.

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Docter 3.5 MOA on Trijicon mount.
No problems, love it.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Sorry,sounds like you have had a tough time regulating,I have them on two rifles,sure there was a learning curve,but once past that they are quick and easy to adjust and work wonderfully,I would not hesitate to recommend them,I have not had to replace batteries either,they seem to have a pretty long life tu2
quote:
Originally posted by bobby van der Putten:
Doctor sights are great, chose the 3.5 MOA, but you need to know that they are a pain to regulate ( 10 rounds at least instead of the usual 3 ), that the screws to adjust them are soft as butter, and you have to renew the settings each time you change batteries.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I decided to go with a ghost ring instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the leupold equivalent on my Krieghoff

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote