THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    450-400 3-1/4" Belgium DR - FACE-LIFT FINISHED - IN RESTORED WR CASE - PICS ADDED 8/6
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450-400 3-1/4" Belgium DR - FACE-LIFT FINISHED - IN RESTORED WR CASE - PICS ADDED 8/6
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted
Hello All,

We all know that England turned out some very fine double rifles in the early 1900's. I've now discovered that some Belgium makers also made some very nice pieces during that time.

Many of you may have seen my inquires on other forums while I was researching the maker of this latest find. There was no maker's name anywhere on the rifle, only a small unknown monogram on the standing breech between the firing pins. However, with the help of several others on various forums, it took less than a week to uncover the mystery of the this rifle's maker and other interesting details about my new double.

When it appeared for auction, I once again took a gamble. I had done this many times before with good results, and I had hoped that this one would also turn out to be a sleeper. My bid made me the new owner, at a very reasonable price.

Here's how the original listing appeared on the last Rock Island Auction. Not much info there, so not many competitive bids.

I drove to Rock Island to pick-up my new toy, and moments after returning home with the rifle, I painted-over the two ugly white line spacers ahead of the ventilated recoil pad. I plan to replace the ventilated pad entirely some time in the future. I don't care for ventilated pads, or white line spacers.

Here are the specification, and some detail photos of the nicely engraved box-lock action.

Features:
Reinforced Frame
Bushed Firing Pins
Engraved Action
7 lbs 11oz (7 lbs 15 oz loaded)
14-3/4" LOP
Hidden Greener Cross Bolt w/ Rib Ext
Non-automatic safety
26" Barrels
2-Leaf Express Site (100 / 200)

I inspected the rifle's marking, and set about finding the maker and other details.

And here is what I found:

JAMIN = Marcel Jamin = Gunsmith
Crown/JF = Jean Falla = Barrel Maker
Acier Martele = Hammer Forged Steel
.450/400 EXPRESS 3-1/4" = Nitro Express Caliber
B.BLINDEE = Proofed with Jacketed Bullet
g = Date Code = 1928
Lion/P.V. = Nitro Proof Mark
*/T = Inspector Mark
*/P = Inspector Mark
10.1 = Bore dia.
958 = Assembly number
1462 = Serial number
Monogram = EB = Ets. Braekers SA (=societe anonyme = plc), Rue du Crucifix 21 -39, Herstal. .. listed as "Fabricants des armes" = Gunmaker

The final piece of the puzzle was put in place upon finding photos of a similar rifle with a maker's name, "and" a matching monogram.

There is no more doubt as to the maker of my rifle.

Even though this rifle only weighs about 8 pounds, its' superb balance makes recoil very tolerable. Tested loads of 2,000 fps with a 400g bullets have a felt recoil of about as much as a 300 Win Mag. This one is really a lot of fun to shoot.

In the future I'll be posting more shooting details.

As always, comments are welcome.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2204 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I aspire to own a double one day, sounds like you made a good buy on this.

Thanks for posting!

Posts: 448 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Or ... Very narce ... (as the French taunter would say).

Looks good to me, anyway, and may be the bargain of the century if it shoots and wears well.

It has a fair bit of drop at heel but with the additional weight it may not rise too badly. Should be good for off-hand shots, the main kind taken with db rifles.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello Baker458,

Hello sambarman338,

Thanks for the reply.

At first, when I saw the auction pictures, I was a little concerned about the drop of the stock. But after shooting it, its not an issue at all. There is a bit more of muzzle rise than some of my other doubles, but that rise really tames the recoil, making it a real pleasure to shoot.

Posts: 2204 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckstix

In the future I'll be posting more shooting details.

Update:

My 450-400 has been sent out for re-regulating. I'll be posting some targets in the near future.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it sold or for how much, but it needs a lot of work, and if the price is right, its worth it..A nice fixer upper is what I see. recut the engraving, especially the screws, all of them, and go from their11 shows a lot of monkey business goings on..Bottom line is I like the gun very much but fixing a double is bloody expensive work, but redone it would fetch a pretty penny..Id pass on it myself, its Belgium not English and that's a fault. firing ins need to be replaced and bushed, its just not what I call right.

There are so many 100 year old worn out junk doubles out there, I see them all the time and their pround oners have no clue and they paid the premium for them..Buyer beware, its a sellers market, always has been, I don't know why. Ive bought and sold a lot of doubles in my life and they are a cozy and warm rifle, I love them.If one doesn't know doubles I suggest you buy a new one or enlist someone to help you, but there again you might get stung. A lot of suedo experts in the double gun world.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello Atkinson,

Thanks for the reply.

Interesting how you seem to draw conclusions from pictures.

Thanks for your suggestions. I have many double rifles ranging in condition from "brand new" to "well used". This particular gun is just a fun little double with lots of character from being very much used over many years. I've been enjoying shooting it since March and I'm satisfied with its overall condition. I've put about 100 rounds through it with above average grouping results. But since factory ammo for the 450-400-3/14" is very scarce and expensive, I've decided to have it re-regulated to one of my pet reloads.

In spite of popular opinion, England is not the only Country that made fine double rifles. Many Continental makers existed "in the day" that rivaled the English makers.

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Appears to be excessive (crazy) drop at heel. If so, easy solution is to send to Glenn Baker at Woodcock Hill in Benton, PA. If you can drive there, have Glenn measure you. Then he can bend the stock for cast off, etc.as well. A leather covered pad would be a nice touch. Good luck.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello DoubleDon,

Thanks for the reply.

Although the drop looks to be excessive, its only 3 inches and really not that bad when shooting the rifle. As mentioned earlier, the drop seems to convert the recoil of this "light" rifle into muzzle rise. (rifle weighs only 7 lbs 11 oz) That muzzle rise really tames the felt recoil which makes it a real pleasure to shoot. Although a leather covered pad would be ideal, I'm having the ventilated pad replaced with a brown Decelerator pad while its being re-regulated.

***** UPDATE ***** JULY 20, 2018 *****

Well I've received the rifle back yesterday, less than 6-weeks from when it was sent away for its face-lift. Since the rifle was almost 90 years old, I decided to add a number of things to the list of updates for the rifle.

The top & bottom ribs were fully re-laid and the barrels were fully re-joined. The rifle was regulated to my load specs and the barrels were rust-blued. In addition, a new solid pad was installed to replace the ugly ventilated one and LOP was set at 14-3/8". The chambers were polished, both front and rear sites were rebuilt, and lastly the frame hinge was tightened on face.

This rebuild should carry the rifle for the next 90+ years.

here are some pics.

BEFORE AND AFTER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Possibly back off 4-5 grains and work up. Appears to be crossing and a little too fast possibly? Has wonderful potential though.

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello Dutch44

Thanks for the reply.

At 50 yards they shoot into a tight cluster. Slightly crossing at 60 yards is perfect with this light bullet. Even crossing, the group is around 3" at 100 yards.

Heavier bullets don't cross.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckstix:
Hello Dutch44

Thanks for the reply.

At 50 yards they shoot into a tight cluster. Slightly crossing at 60 yards is perfect with this light bullet. Even crossing, the group is around 3" at 100 yards.

Heavier bullets don't cross.

Yes, the heavier recoil with the regulation load will uncross and raise the POI to bullseye.

All you gotta do is use Tennessee Elevation with the 300-grain varmint bullet.

Very fun gun.
From rabbits to rhino.
Simply mahvelous.
tu2
Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3" at 100 yards is great grouping by any measure Buckstix.

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RIP:
Yes, the heavier recoil with the regulation load will uncross and raise the POI to bullseye.

All you gotta do is use Tennessee Elevation with the 300-grain varmint bullet.

Very fun gun.
From rabbits to rhino.
Simply mahvelous.
tu2
Rip ...

Hello RIP,

Thanks for your reply

I'll be shooting some 400g bullets this week. I'll update when I do.

quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
3" at 100 yards is great grouping by any measure Buckstix.

Hello Dutch44,

Thanks for the rely.

Yes, I'd be happy if any/all my doubles could do 3" groups at 100 yards.

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Who are you having re-regulate it?

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
Who are you having re-regulate it?

AS PER MY POST ABOVE ...... REGULATION AND RE-WORK WAS COMPLETED JULY 20, 2018.

The "expert" work was done by master gunsmith Ken Owen.

quote:

***** UPDATE ***** JULY 20, 2018 *****

Well I've received the rifle back yesterday, less than 6-weeks from when it was sent away for its face-lift. Since the rifle was almost 90 years old, I decided to add a number of things to the list of updates for the rifle.

The top & bottom ribs were fully re-laid and the barrels were fully re-joined. The rifle was regulated to my load specs and the barrels were rust-blued. In addition, a new solid pad was installed to replace the ventilated one and LOP was set at 14-3/8". The chambers were polished, both front and rear sites were rebuilt, and lastly the frame hinge was tightened on face.

BEFORE AND AFTER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buck, that looks ready to go. great change, getting rid of the white line spacer and ventilated recoil pad. Looks much more traditional now.

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good on you Buckstix, you resurrected a fine piece of Belgian gun making history to give it new life. The satisfaction of the whole facelifting process has to be as rewarding as the final product itself. Will you be taking it afield this season to hunt?

Thanks for sharing your adventure.
Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Buck, that looks ready to go. great change, getting rid of the white line spacer and ventilated recoil pad. Looks much more traditional now.
Hello Biebs,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I really didn't like the looks of the ventilated recoil pad, and especially the white line spacers. As evidenced by the black felt pen treatment at the start.

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Reed:
Good on you Buckstix, you resurrected a fine piece of Belgian gun making history to give it new life. The satisfaction of the whole facelifting process has to be as rewarding as the final product itself. Will you be taking it afield this season to hunt?

Thanks for sharing your adventure.
Paul
Hello Paul Reed,

Thabks for the reply.

This has been a fun project; rejuvinating a tired work-horse to present day. However, I left the wood as received to show the charater of its adventures over the last 90 years.

I've already taken it afield, but the pesky woodchuck at the range has been too alusive. Wink

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Possibly back off 4-5 grains and work up. Appears to be crossing and a little too fast possibly? Has wonderful potential though.

I agree! Just a little too fast making it cross! The elevation is perfect with both barrels however!

……………………………………………………………... tu2 old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
I agree! Just a little too fast making it cross! The elevation is perfect with both barrels however!
……………………………………………………………... tu2 old

Hello MacD37

Thanks for the reply.

A little heavier bullet also un-crossed the group.

******************** AUG 1 UPDATE **********************

I just acquired a vintage Westley Richards hard case for this little double.

It was very well used with lots of character repairs. And, the lid was was missing the top latch. (only the rivets remained) So, I bought an old ragged leather suitcase on eBay for $10, and asked the seller to cut-off the latch and send it, and toss the rest of the suitcase in the garbage. (the seller actually sent the bottom lock assembly also, along with the original key that he found inside)

When the latch arrived, I added it to the WR case as shown below.

The case has a gorgeous old parchment label, and its embossed with the Westley Richards, Birmingham address and slogan. All-in-all a good match, and the case is a perfect fit for this little 450-400 double.

One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted Hide Post
That is perfect!

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Sorry if I've missed it or if it's a rude question, but what did you pay for the WR case?

IIRC H&H charge something in excess of $7000 for a new one, even when you've paid the price of a small house for the rifle.

Posts: 5106 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trade label and embossing don’t match up....
Label depicts the London address , the embossing shows Birmingham.

It’s certainly well used , but still quite serviceable.

Posts: 47 | Location: Here and there ....... | Registered: 27 February 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello BwanaCole,

Thanks for the reply

quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Sorry if I've missed it or if it's a rude question, but what did you pay for the WR case?

IIRC H&H charge something in excess of $7000 for a new one, even when you've paid the price of a small house for the rifle.

Hello sambarman338

Thanks for the reply.

I don't take it as rude. I'm pleased to say that I purchased the well used case was $50. The replacement latch was $10.90 and it took about 15 hours of my time to restore it.

quote:
Originally posted by 2PIPE:
The trade label and embossing don’t match up....
Label depicts the London address , the embossing shows Birmingham.

It’s certainly well used , but still quite serviceable.

Hello 2PIPE

Thanks for the reply.

Westley Richards had offices at 178 Bond Street, London, and at 23 Conduit Street, London, and at 24 Bennetts Hill, Birmingham, and at 82 High Street, Birmingham, and at 12 Corporation Street, Birmingham. (they also had an office at 4 Rue Gluck, near the Opera, Paris)

Both the embossing and case label are vintage and original. (as confirmed by WR) Westley Richards didn't toss out cases that had been previously embossed with the Birmingham address, when they sold guns from London.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buckstix
Yes they were at those locations, but not all at the same time!!

They never mass produced cases like the one you have shown, they were produced on order one at a time as bespoke manufacturers did and do to this day.

It is unlikely they would complete a case in Birmingham, emboss the leather with that address
And then put the London store trade label on it!

I suspect the trade label has been lifted from another case and been put into your case at some later stage
By someone other than WR!

The case is still serviceable and does it’s job, but like most things, if it ain’t original, it loses it’s appeal to seasoned collectors.

Seeing a Continental gun in a bespoke English case could be deemed as heresy to some!!!!

Whatever floats your boat really!!!!

Posts: 47 | Location: Here and there ....... | Registered: 27 February 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
".......... The case is still serviceable and does it’s job, but like most things, if it ain’t original, it loses it’s appeal to seasoned collectors........"

"......Whatever floats your boat really!!!!......."

quote:
Both the embossing and case label are vintage and original. (as confirmed by WR)

Hello 2PIPE

Thanks for your reply.

Let me repeat ... Both the embossing and case label are vintage and original. (as confirmed by WR)

Seasoned collector's won't care because ... its not for sale .... and ..... it floats my boat just fine.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I think you've done well with that case, buckstix. 2PIPE is obviously an aficionado of cases (something I don't have room to be): maybe he will make you an offer you can't refuse Smiler

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
" ... I think you've done well with that case, buckstix. ... " Smiler

Hello sambarman338.

Thanks for the reply.

This case was in really bad condition when received. All 4 corners of the lid, and all 4 corners of the bottom were loose, as were all the partitions inside, and of course the missing latch which must have been torn away because the case was locked and no key. There was much evidence of vintage repairs over the years using brads and nails and rough sewing. Each corner has a different handmade leather protector.

I have restored and re-configured 15 of my cases (see below) and I'm happy to say I've developed (self-learned) a technique that is working well to protect the rifles and extend the life of the case for the next generation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lovely collection. I wouldn’t know what to do with cases while the guns are in the sage

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Masters:
Lovely collection. I wouldn’t know what to do with cases while the guns are in the sage

Hello Colin Masters

Thanks for the reply.

Those 15 are only the ones that I restored / re-configured, not all of them. I have "all" my doubles stored in their cases, and they stack nicely in the vault.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Obviously, you don't worry about them 'sweating', buckstix. A mate bought an old gun bag and stored one of his rifles in it, so that the guns in the safe didn't ding each other. Trouble was, next time he looked the rifle barrel had rust all over it. He reckoned the previous owner had left something nasty in it.

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Obviously, you don't worry about them 'sweating'
Hello sambarman338

Thanks for the reply.

I keep 2 containers in each case. One filled with grease, and another with patches that are soaked with "original" Hoppies no.9 - the old "good smelling" stuff that came in bottles with pre-zip-code labels.

Every time I finish shooting, I grease the joints, and wipe-out the bores and barrels a couple of times with the soaked Hoppies patches. I then use the "last ones" to totally wipe-down all the metal and wood. This method was advocated by Harry Pope and I first started to use his method with all my Schuetzen rifles many years ago. So now, I've been doing this for over 35 years and haven't had any issues with rust.

I've added a few pictures showing the vintage repairs to the corners of this case .... these look to have been done many years ago .... somewhat crude but functional ....... they are actually pretty cool ......

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think you've done well with that case, buckstix. 2PIPE is obviously an aficionado of cases (something I don't have room to be): maybe he will make you an offer you can't refuse Smiler
Hello sambarman338

Thanks for the reply.

Not that I'm hung-up on my case's authenticity, but I pride myself as a researcher concerning the accuracy of the History of my Guns "and" Cases. People looking for information here on AR deserve accurate information, not baseless opinion.

What 2PIPE doesn't seem to understand is that when I say; "Both the embossing and case label are vintage and original. (as confirmed by WR)" ... means that I contacted Ricky Bond at Westley Richards about my case. He explained that "ALL" guns and cases were made in Birmingham. ...

quote: "... Our factory in Birmingham made our guns & cases, the London address was only a shop. ..." :unquote

So most (if not all) of the "period" cases were embossed with the "Birmingham" stamp (where they were made) and then had labels affixed with the London (or other) sales address as required.

So, 2PIPE's comments (opinions) below, are factually WRONG, and without merit, and no-way based on fact.
quote:
It is unlikely they would complete a case in Birmingham, emboss the leather with that address

I suspect the trade label has been lifted from another case and been put into your case at some later stage By someone other than WR!

In any event, as shown in previous pictures, the vintage repairs are interesting to me as they likely display much use to protect its contents, and the owner's attempt to extend the case's life to continue that duty.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buckstix,

If you reread my post, I've never said that the label or case is not WR. Just the fact that it is unusual that it is embossed Birmingham and labelled London.

It is common for people to remove the trade labels from cases that are beyond salvation, and to put them into another case. Don't you agree????????

It is in fact highly UNUSUAL that the case is embossed at all!! Ive seen very few with the embossing of the factory in the leather.

And I'm sure Ricky would also concur that he would need to see the case IN PERSON to be able to confirm authenticity/vintage unequivocally rather than seeing a couple of photos!!!!

You certainly come across as cantankerous whenever someone isn't accommodating to a post as you wish...

Gees , toughen up man!!!! Its just a $50 CASE !!!!!!!

And again, Im sure the guys at WR would have a chuckle seeing an ill fitting continental gun in an English case........... and yes i know Trigger, Ricky, Steven and the rest of the crew personally!!!!!!!!!!

But thats fine, its your case and you should do as you please, its ok really.........
I won't loose any sleep over it..........

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Steady on guys. I've just come bruised and bleeding from a competing forum where trolling and astroturfing seem to be the main fare. Some people have contributed more than 16,000 posts but most seem to be single lines of vitriol.

Let's keep AR as the forum where differences are argued politely to inform and entertain but not seen as zero-sum games.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sambarman

I always try to be courteous in my posts, but one must accept
a differing view/opinion when posting on an open forum.

I certainly didn’t bag out on the poster or the infamous “$50”
case.
Just putting my view forward on a perceived anomaly.

I don’t think I will bother posting any more on Buckstix stuff.
I’m too much of a purist and he certainly isn’t.....

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
"... Let's keep AR as the forum where differences are argued politely to inform and entertain but not seen as zero-sum games.

Hello sambarman338

Thanks for the rely.

I never look for arguments, as you likely have witnessed by my hundreds of posts over the years. I like to share my experiences and discoveries with AR members, and I spend many hours taking and uploading quality pictures to go with my stories. However, I do take it very personal when for no apparent reason someone goes out of their way to disparage one of my items. Especially when its not based on any facts. Like the post shown below;

"... It is unlikely they would complete a case in Birmingham, emboss the leather with that address

I suspect the trade label has been lifted from another case and been put into your case at some later stage
By someone other than WR! ..."

Also, comments about being so knowledgeable, and knowing those at WR and their people, and "personally" knowing them all, yet not knowing that ALL guns and ALL cases were manufactured in Birmingham, with their Labels later applied, referencing various sales locations. And then deducing that Ricky Bond would have to see the case IN PERSON... ? ? ?

"... And I'm sure Ricky would also concur that he would need to see the case IN PERSON to be able to confirm authenticity/vintage unequivocally rather than seeing a couple of photos!!!!..."

But, on the other hand, "he" could deduce from my pictures only, that the trade label has been lifted from another case. ? ? And then calls "me" cantankerous because I tell him what WR told me about the case, and why the case label has a different address than the case itself. ... ???

And here's the post that's the topper .... and .... I do take it personally!!!!!!!

"...I always try to be courteous in my posts..." "...I don’t think I will bother posting any more on Buckstix stuff.
I’m too much of a purist ..... and he certainly isn’t"

Let's see if he's true to his word, and I don't ever see any more comments from him.

I'm sure that all the AR Forum members that read these posts about my $50 WR case will come to their own conclusions. Also, I extend a big thank you to all those AR members that private messaged me about this post.

Although I'm tempted, I will not post exactly what I'd like to say ..... but based on that last comments about "me" .......well............ moon

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
At this moment I think of the steers they send into the ring to run out a bull that has killed the matador.

Does anyone want to talk about reticle-movement riflescopes? Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Buckstix,

A very light rifle you have here with 26" barrels. Thank you for posting it's story.

Are you able to post up the barrel dimensions so as to give us some clues as to the profile they used to make it so light.

Posts: 193 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With Quote