THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    450-400 3-1/4" Belgium DR - FACE-LIFT FINISHED - IN RESTORED WR CASE - PICS ADDED 8/6
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

450-400 3-1/4" Belgium DR - FACE-LIFT FINISHED - IN RESTORED WR CASE - PICS ADDED 8/6
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rhodes:
Hello Buckstix,

A very light rifle you have here with 26" barrels. Thank you for posting it's story.

Are you able to post up the barrel dimensions so as to give us some clues as to the profile they used to make it so light.

Hello Rhodes,

Thanks for the reply.

I've shown a couple pictures of the measurements for you. Yes indeed, its light. I think the light weight comes mostly from the very thin muzzle walls. But even though its under 8 pounds, recoil is very manageable and its pleasant to shoot.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2131 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes those barrels are very thin at the muzzle.

I have a friend with a modern day Merkel double in 9.3x74R. it has the thinnest muzzle wall thickness I have ever seen. Makes for a nice light gun though.

Posts: 193 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With Quote