THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    www.HEYMUSA.com DOUBLE RIFLE SALE "AR Special"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

www.HEYMUSA.com DOUBLE RIFLE SALE "AR Special"
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Newguy
Can you get some prices and delivery dates on a Heym Drilling, box lock 12x12x9,3x74R with claw mounts?

PM sent

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Guy,Beautiful rifle.Just noticed your post.tryed to send you a PM but opened a thread instead.Still learning computers.Anyway,I'm interested in pricing on PH mod. in 450/400,3" or 3&1/4".Also,what's your timetable?Thanks. stabersheetmetal@yahoo.com

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 4204 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't want to start a dog fight or sound over critical, but for whatever those things must cost, the photos suggest that the wood stands exceptionally proud of the metal.

That's better than the reverse, but really for what I presume is high 4 figures or better, shouldn't there be a bit more fitting on such a gun?

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent:

You're kidding, right? It's a PH Model. New DRs in this price range are entry level guns. Entry level DRs are built with lots and lots of compromises in order to hit the price point, and the PH is clearly built as a plain, lower cost unit than the standard model. In the under $20K range, the Heym is the pick of the litter. Better quality begins with the A&S Famars at $35K. Great quality new built boxlocks start somewhere between $50 and $70K.
-----------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
4ne,
No I'm not kidding. I can pick up a double shotgun that costs what, 20% of what this thing costs (I'm guessing $10k), and it sure fits better than that.

Look how high that wood is - looks close to 1/16" and that's just ridiculous on any gun, much less a $10k gun.

My Merkel double shotty is both far better fit and far far cheaper (sub $1k 10 yrs ago). Sure, it's not a double rifle and it was 10 yrs ago but really, in comparison, that stock looks just ridiculous.

The one saving grace I suppose is that one could always remove extra wood, but what a pain on a gun that should never come that way in the first place.

Brent

When there is lead in the air, there is hope in my heart -- MWH ~1996

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes
------------------------------------------------

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
The Searcy PH wood isnt that proud. I can tell you that for sure. The inletting on that forearm in the pic is horrid as well. But Im a tad biased. Big Grin

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a good comparison Bill. The inletting on the last three Searcy DRs I handled was the worst I've ever seen on any new built DR, bar none.
------------------------------------------------

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I know this much, I love my Heym. It has a certain understated elegence. The dark wood with the blued barrels and white receiver really look nice. And the quality of the workmanship is apparent when you shoot it and see how accurate they are. For doubles in the under $20K range, it has got to be near the top of the list.

Mike

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I know this much, I love my Heym. It has a certain understated elegence. The dark wood with the blued barrels and white receiver really look nice. And the quality of the workmanship is apparent when you shoot it and see how accurate they are. For doubles in the under $20K range, it has got to be near the top of the list.

Mike

My oppinion, too.
Very nice doubles.