THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Is the 450/400 too anemic for elephant?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the 450/400 too anemic for elephant?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Look forward to seeing you Friday at DSC, Will!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Has any one checked Hornadys web site to see what Craig Boddington was writeing about Hornady,s 450/400 3" 400 gr load that He and a Lady, can,t remember her name, used on a buffalo hunt.. Factory, redily available ammo would sure make the 450 400 a winner in my book. If I were hunting elephant I would use a muzzel broke 577 Tyranasaur or a 500 A-Square. For just the reasons Pondoro stated . Lack of confidence and I like to kill my own animals. Brown bear would be a good place for a double 450 400, also.. With softs not solids.

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Will:
Oz,

The thought of missing on the first shot never occured to me. Sorry. Wink

Great positive attitude thumb

PS; Those particular two Animals had only one plan in mind,that was to "Gap it"..
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote