THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    A GREAT DAY OF SHOOTING BIG BORE DOUBLES & BOLT ACTION
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A GREAT DAY OF SHOOTING BIG BORE DOUBLES & BOLT ACTION
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Another enjoyable day was had by a group of us A/R members Saturday, March 11. At 9AM Doc52, Retreever, his son Matt, and I met for breakfast at a diner near Foglesville, Pa. There, some of our group, met others in our group for the first time. We talked it up, ate our meals and then drove about 9 miles to a public, state owned shooting range where we had Cats join us.

We shot rifles from .375 H&H thru .500 NE, I think 5 different rifles all in all. I had been privileged to shoot a D/R for the 1st time a couple of months ago when Retreever had graciously agreed to meet with me, he toting a CHAMPLIN/FAMARS 450#2 NE. Since then, I had wanted to get a chance to sample a 500 NE. 577NitroExpress kindly offered his 500 thru my meeting up with his dad, Doc52 (who is within a few weeks of receiving his SEARCY 577 3" NE - All Fancied Up and Gorgious for SURE!).

We had PERFECT weather and took very little time getting set up before starting to send the lead down range. I am happy to report that I DID succeed in shooting the MERKLE 500 NE and enjoyed the experience greatly. I have NOT mastered the shooting technique espoused by Retreever but I'm working on it. Practice makes perfect and practice I shall. By the way Matt, the video was really fun to watch.

It is good to know that a person can decide he is going to accomplish something, then go and do it. With GOOD WILL from others, we can achieve goals A LOT FASTER & EASIER THAT'S A FACT I HAVE PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED BY BEING A PART OF THIS SITE!!!!! I don't have any idea how I would have been able to get access to these people and rifles without the AR connection, Thank you SAEED!

With the most possible gratitude I say Thank You to these kind men, Retreever - for a 2nd time, 577NitroExpress & Doc52, who afforded to me the chance to become their friend. They are generous men and very fine company. They shared with me and I will share with others when I obtain my DR.

To all of you out there, if you have NOT yet met this Band Of Brothers, (to quote A/R's own RUSTY) it will be a pleasure for you to do so should the opportunity arise. Now it's off to Huntingtons or the like to get some REFILLS of bullets and brass!

P.S. Get outside and shoot friends, and DON'T DELAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jack,

Sounds like you guys all had a great time!

I hope one of you guys will post some pics soon..

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigFiveJack:

Man, I have enough trouble keeping friends without shooting them....

Glenn

Posts: 254 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hst:
quote:

Man, I have enough trouble keeping friends without shooting them....

Glenn

clap rotflmo THAT "Take" on my words got ME laughing!!! Perhaps I'll rephrase.... Friends, get outside and go shooting, and DON'T delay!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Jack,
Thanks for the report!
Yes, indeed you were in the company of good people!

The true benefit of this forum is not just the wealth of information that is freely given, rather the wonderful opportunity to meet and become friends with some of the finest people I've ever met. Folks that I would have never know existed, if it were not for this forum.

I consider myself most fortunate to be able to share and have fellowship with these good people!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
By the way Matt, the video was really fun to watch.

BFJ, Mike sent me that clip of you guys shooting and you are right it was fun to watch! thumb

Good people are a blessing to the world in general, and it seems there is a large group of them on AR! A great place, for sure! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote