Find
Notify
Tools

Nice belts and holders
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of scutulatus
posted

This is made by a cottage maker, he posts on the Bay under canvas cartridge belts You can see his belt on some other of my rifle posts. They are his standard .45 70-90 configuration, he will make anything Ya want but I wet these and force anything from 9.3 to the 470 NE in let them dry and bingo. On the belt I removed some of the loops, One could split them or whatever all without ordering special.

470NE Searcy
9.3X74r Johann Springer

Posts: 130 | Location: oro valley AZ | Registered: 18 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More info please?

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scutulatus
posted Hide Post
Listed on US E-Bay under canvas cartridge belts. Holder like this is $20 US belts are $50 US. Very heavy off white cotton canvas with very well done stitching. After putting some waterproofing on the leather I soaked them in cold water with a drop of soap over night and pushed in what ever cartridge I wanted them to fit. Let it dry completely and perfect fit. If Ya ever want to change the cartridge just wet allow to dry and start over. The belts in my other photos have been soaked in coffee for a bit of "period" look.

470NE Searcy
9.3X74r Johann Springer

Posts: 130 | Location: oro valley AZ | Registered: 18 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Is he listed as Tommie Maker? I can't find that slide. Nice looking!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff and I second the request for more information and pics.
I like the distance between the cartridges. I've had some nice leather work done only to find out the rims overlap. That's a pain.
Cal
PS: I would be interested in slides for .350, .400, .450, .500, .577, .600 and, if possible, 12-10-8-4 bore.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Originally by Cal:
quote:
I like the distance between the cartridges.

Me too. tu2

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Found it under Cartridge Slide

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scutulatus
posted Hide Post
He'll make anything ya want, just thought the idea of 9.3X74r to 470 NE in one standard size was helpful. His stuff isn't always listed Ya just have to check now and then. I have never tried to contact him directly.

I have NO connection to this guy or the e bay site.

470NE Searcy
9.3X74r Johann Springer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those who don't like the idea of supporting an anti gun outfit like ebay, you may want to contact him on gunbroker instead.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=470706662

Andy #3

Posts: 108 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 29 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of scutulatus
posted Hide Post
Well there Ya go and cheaper shipping also, thanks.

470NE Searcy
9.3X74r Johann Springer

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
Does anyone have his contact phone or email?
I can't get them through ebay and registering for gunbroker confuses me.
I see on ebay starting bids are $20 but don't have a clue on the selling prices.
You guessed it, I'm very computer illiterate.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Cal. Here's what I did to try to help out. I took your email address off your blog site (supplied in your signature) and sent this guy an email, by way of the gunbroker site, with your email address. I informed him that you would like to talk to him.

Hope you don't mind, and that it helps. Let me know. Andy #3

Posts: 108 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 29 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Andy.
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These reminded me of Texas HuntCo product shell carriers but when I went on their site everything was "Out of Stock". Hmmmm.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I messaged him about building one for a 500 Nitro. He said he could. My next question about how many cartridges it would hold and the price was never responded to?

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Everybody,
I am the guy that makes the slides, drops and belts of cotton web. sorry for the delay in getting back to some of you, but had all of the grand sons together for a firewood cutting day, and was out of the shop ----
Any way thanks for all of the good comments on my work !!
My contact email is tommymaker@yahoo.com . Please be patient if you don't get a reply right away---I am a one man shop, and sometimes life gets in the way of email.
As to ebay, I also don't like them much, but can't seem to get shooting folks to get my stuff from gun broker. Been trying to get a web-site up but am not all that savy about the tech stuff.
Any way, thanks for all of the kind words !
Tommymaker

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Tommy, looks good! I'll be sending you an email about 9.3x74r. Smiler

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One in .450-400 NItro Express 3 1/4" would look good on the project Steve Earle underway here...

Ten on each side?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
tommymaker

I just sent you and E-Mail

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello everybody,
wow , what a great response to Cal's post !! I have a bunch of email to sort through, so please be patient with me if you don't get a quick reply---also if you want to email me please use my address tommymaker@yahoo.com ---folks send email through several address is a lot to go through----
Thanks to Eddie I will be making slides with pairs of 2 loops and then a space with 6-8 pairs on each slide. Sounds like a great idea !!
I will be at a gun show this weekend And hope to find cartridge cases for your double guns--so I can work up proper loops whthout having to do the soak and stretch method.
Please be patient----this is a new area for me.
Spring is coming !! Tommy

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
tommy or scutulatus:

Can you post a pic of the back side of the holder?

These look damn nice.

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
well I will try to do that---just finished this slide in 35-55 for a local customer. ---okay any idea how I get the pic loaded on the post ??

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
It has to be hosted elsewhere then linked through the image insert function.

Or you could email me at mbogo@mac.com and I can do it if you don't have a hosting account

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello again,
was asked to post my email address :
it si tommymaker@yahoo.com

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say "Thank You" to Tommymaker for my new cartridge slides that arrived today. Two sets, 404 Jeffery, and 450/400 3 inch. All are well made and look exceptionally good!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was my pleasure Rusty !! Great pictures !!
Shoot well !! Tommymaker

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Just wanted to say "Thank You" to Tommymaker for my new cartridge slides that arrived today. Two sets, 404 Jeffery, and 450/400 3 inch. All are well made and look exceptionally good!

Proper looking kit there, Rusty!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello again everyone,
thanks to the guys that have been ordering slides and belts from me !!
There have been problems with folks trying to contact me through ebay and gun broker so again I will post my email address;
tommymaker@yahoo.com mailing address is;

Tommymaker Custom Leather
966 CC5 LN
Oberlin KS. 67749

Thanks to great customers I am getting several double rifle cartridge cases to make my slides with and hope for many more.
Thanks again to Rusty and his great pictures !!
Tommymaker

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
I just received mine today. I had a couple in 500 NE made in doubles and one in 450/400 all singles. They are well made!!! Cool

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gents:
I placed an order with Tommy for several of his products in various calibers: .350, .400, .450, .500, .577, .600, 12-, 10-, 8-, 4-bore. and two .500s for a mate in Zim. He is done with the order today!
Tonight I'm flying to Kansas to hunt turkey for a few days with some mates and Tommy will post the cartridge slides/holders to me there and I will fly them back to AK next weekend along with the cases and bullets I sent for proper measurements. The loops up to .500 will hold 10, the .577 & .600 will hold 8, and the bore rifles from 6 down to 4.
I'm both amazed and impressed with the quality and price and super impressed wit the turn around time.
I'll bump this to the top next week with some photos. Also, I will have them to show at the first AK double rifle shoot this May 2.
Cheers,
Cal

www.CalPappas.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It looks like great work and it appears he has done custom orders in amazingly fast time.

As Texas Hunt Co was mentioned in this thread, does anyone know if they're still in business? I haven't seen them at DSC in quite a spell. The owner also posted here a few years ago, but I haven't seen anything recently. I apologize for not remembering his name.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scutulatus
posted Hide Post
So? Was this a good tip or what! The lad had always done me right and knew others would appreciate his work.

quote:
Originally posted by scutulatus:

This is made by a cottage maker, he posts on the Bay under canvas cartridge belts You can see his belt on some other of my rifle posts. They are his standard .45 70-90 configuration, he will make anything Ya want but I wet these and force anything from 9.3 to the 470 NE in let them dry and bingo. On the belt I removed some of the loops, One could split them or whatever all without ordering special.

470NE Searcy
9.3X74r Johann Springer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WoW, wish I could take as great a pic's as Rusty and Slider !! Makes my work look great---thank you guys !! (Don't tell Slider he has the 3.9's in upside down !!)
I need to thank Scutulatus for the great words and the start of something Big for me! Okay, I can't get to the range to finish sighting in my 45-70 high wall because of all the work ---but with all the orders he has generated There could be some new toys in my future. Thanks and the next one is on me !!

Tommymaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you're getting lots of orders Tommy. The 470 belt you made for me is great.
Larry

Posts: 378 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
scutulatus had his upside down so it threw me...LOL

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And he put his in a bucket of water as well---LOL .we will have no more of that !! Just order what you need without the bucket/water .

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Tommymaker, great work and your wit fits well on AR. I'll have to place an order soon.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote