THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Recomendations for a chronogragh
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recomendations for a chronogragh
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking at cronograghs. Tired of trying to barrow one. I have never owned one and don't know a thing about the various manufacturers or models. What would you all sugest for a good easily used basic model or would you suggest something higher end?

What is the best source to buy it from?

Thanks,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I have the most basic Shooting Chrony. I have to write down each shot, and do the math for average velocity. I find it easy to read at 15'.

I have used it for load developement and it has been trouble free. Paid $60 for it on EBay. Printer would be nice, but all the goodies increase the cost.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I own a Gamma Chrony! It's easy to use and the printer and remote screen is great to have right there by you!
Best price I've seen is at D&R Sports
Gamma Master Chrony

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Been using the Oehler 35P since it's inception, but alas Oehler is apparently giving up the hobbiest market to Chrony. I would strongly trust Rusty's advice. You want to concentrate on the shooting and let the tool do the work of recording the statistics. MHO

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I use the Beta Chrony. Give me everything I need. Just doesn't have a printer.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Oehler 35P has been serving me well for over 15-years.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had a PACT I since 1989. I’ve never had a problem with it. It has a life time warranty that doesn't stop with the first owner. No bells or whistles no printer to break. Just all the functionality you need in my opinion.

Click on Warranty

Oh and they still make them!

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a PACT.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Like Rusty, I have and can highly recommend the Gamma Chrony. All you need and more, and compact, light in weight and user friendly, too.

I paid a couple hundred for mine (with case and all the other bells and whistles) and it was some of the the best money I ever spent.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13404 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JPK,

35p is the best. Better get one before they are all gone.

Posts: 244 | Location: USA | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for your recomendations and experiences.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote