THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    SPR 22 .30-06/ 12 gauge barrel exchange
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPR 22 .30-06/ 12 gauge barrel exchange
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I own will recieve my SPR 22 in .30-06 tomorrow and already own a SPR220 in 12 gauge. Twin trigger 12 with 20 inch barrels, not the hammered model just factory short. I wonder about interchangeablity of the barrels to make a "package" game getter. Haven't even got the .30-06 in and already trying to figure different angles out. Thanks for the help.

A school teacher with champagne tastes, and a beer pocket book.

Posts: 46 | Location: South GA | Registered: 28 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When ever you start adding additional barrels to a reciever it is imperitave to be sure that the loking surfaces are engaging the proper amount.

Also I would check with the maker to be sure that the shotgun reciever has the same heat treatment as the rifle reciever.
I would not put the rifle barrels on a gun that was originally a shotgun, with out finding that out.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help, when I called EAA about the matter they said it would void the warranty and pretty much dropped the discussion. So I guess I will have a seperate rifle and shotgun.

A school teacher with champagne tastes, and a beer pocket book.

Posts: 46 | Location: South GA | Registered: 28 August 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the spr22 for 30-06 and 45/70 are GREATLY different heat treat... and maybe even base steel, than the 12 .. which is why the epoch of delay in getting them.

IF a gunsmith fitted the 12 to the 30-06 actionm, and pronounced it safe to shoot, i would then lock up the 12 ga action, and only use the 30-06

there is no way i would reverse that

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39691 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote