THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Fast fire 3 Mount for Talley Bases
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fast fire 3 Mount for Talley Bases
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm wanting to mount a Fastfire 3 on my Bradshaw 9.3x74 in a QD fashion. Anyone know if one is currently offered on the market.

I guess I could have Bailey custom build one but if one is already available then why distract Bailey from finishing off your DR's?

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
md - Maybe there is one out there, but the only one I know of is the one Burris makes and it attaches via rail mount system. This is what I have on my DR, but haven't tried to mount, remount and check zero. I intend to leave mine mounted to the rifle and only remove in a absolute necessity situation and not on a regular basis. It is easy to remove, but would doubt the POI would be dead on when putting it back on.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
md - Maybe there is one out there, but the only one I know of is the one Burris makes and it attaches via rail mount system.

I have a QR made for the Fastfire3 by American Defense. Fits standard weaver style bases and maintains fairly consistent POI taking it on and off my Merkel. Page 4 in this forum has some pics ( can't copy and paste links using this kindle)

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
H2OBOY (Dirk Schimmel)here on the forum makes one for the Tally system that is first class QD system. It's just what you want. I have one.

Do a search here. It's been talked about before.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Brooks:
H2OBOY (Dirk Schimmel)here on the forum makes one for the Tally system that is first class QD system. It's just what you want. I have one.

Do a search here. It's been talked about before.

Dirk sent me a pm with pictures. Nice looking work. I'm getting one from him. Good to know there are clever machinists out there taking care of us. Thanks to all for the info. The Bradshaw will be sporting a Fastfire soon.

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Dirk has done some excellent work on a couple of my DR's including a rib to mount the FastFire and a Leupy scope. Both on Tally style mounts.
He Knows DR's!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
md - Glad you found a set up for the FastfireIII. I think you will really like it. Mine is working out fine, just took a few shots to get used to the dot instead of a crosshair or post that are on my other rifles. Good luck.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a side note, the refex sights made by Burris, Docter, Zeiss, and Meopta all share the same foot print.
Trijicon has a unique foot print but they offer a adapter plate so you can use a Docter style mount.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken,

Does this mean that the mount that you offer fits the Burris, Dr, Zeiss and Meopta?

- Dave

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, all will work.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote