THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sunday January 6th at the range
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sunday January 6th at the range
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
Please see this thread in Gunsmithing forum.
Houstonians - advice needed

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
It is currently 11 F here. It makes me sick that you guys can shoot in the middle of winter! Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19334 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
...but we can shoot in the middle of summer.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
So can we . . . we just have to do it in our boxers between 6:30 and 7:30 a.m., taking care to stay well hydrated. Eeker

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
It is currently 11 F here. It makes me sick that you guys can shoot in the middle of winter! Smiler

We shoot here down to zero F. No gloves while shooting. If you like shooting, it's really not bad at all. But picking up empties in the snow sucks.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Will,
Come on down! You don't have anything better to do Sunday. I'll pick you up at Hobby Airport and take ya back.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty;

I'll try to be there. I shoot there at lunch fairly often; mostly at the 50yd practicing for smallbore shilouette. Probably will be bring one or both of my sons (11 & 14).

No big bores but some fun rifles none the less.

Pete A.

Posts: 107 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 26 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Will,
Come on down! You don't have anything better to do Sunday. I'll pick you up at Hobby Airport and take ya back.

Will, you can probaly wear your shorts and flip flops.lol

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Looking forward to it. I will be leaving Kingwood tomorrow for the drive down. Hopefully will be there by 9:30 Sunday. rotflmo

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mike,
If you'd just not make a stop at every gun shop between Kingwood and Juliff, you could make the trip in a little over an hour! Eeker

Be good to see ya Sunday!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty;

So far all is clear with the required officials (my wife) and I'll be there with one or more of my team. I'm a member at Bayou Rifles and can help with any guests.

Will bring as many firearms and ammo as my trunk will allow. Seems to be bad form to leave the range with anything but empty shells!

Pete A.

Posts: 107 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 26 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I wish I could make it.. got my niece's first birthday party early afternoon .. but i will try!

while it CAN be an hour drive to porter, I have to come home, unload and get the wife, THEN go to willis...

or a showup and say howdy and turn around..

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
great time today at the range... shot my new .416 taylor.. it takes clay pigeons with authority!!!....rusty put 2 9,3x74r bullets in the same hole at 30 yds...i think fjold has a picture....small attendence, but nice conditions.... thanks rusty!!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
So sorry I missed it; I had every intention of coming but work got in the way. I'm sure you all will have a wonderful time; what a great crowd!

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Always a great pleasure to be in the company of good people. Great to meet Jimatcat, Fjold.

Looking forward to our ARBBA/DRSS shoot in March.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
It was a nice day to spend with nice folks. Hopefully Fjold and Rusty can post a few pictures. Fun to have Frank shoot, quite well, his first >.375 rifles.

Mike

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Fjold, thanks for coming to Houston and giving us a good reason to get together. Rusty, thanks for putting everyone together for a fun morning and thanks for lunch! It was good to meet a few new faces and to see some of the regulars again. It really is fun to think that so many like-minded Houstonians were able to get acquainted via a Dubai sponsored website.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
rusty put 2 9,3x74r bullets in the same hole at 30 yds...

How big was the hole?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim, it looked about 9.5 mm to me.

Great fun yesterday, guys. We had a neat assortment of guns to shoot, mix of big and small bores, doubles and bolt. Great company. Rusty, thanks for organizing. Bob

Posts: 1284 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure we weren't talking about a hula hoop sized hole!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
rusty swears up and down it was 1 hole... mjines is the witness... what more could you want????... fjold took a picture of it... perhaps he'll post it???

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I swear, I'm out dumpster diving my own trash trying to find the target! animal

I can't find it. Hoefully when Fjold gets back to home he'll post it! rotflmo

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Just pulling your leg. I've seen you shoot.

Maybe when Frank finds the picture he can post it - is this the one where Elvis is holding the target? Wink

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
2 bullets, 1 hole. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

[Rusty, is the statement above okay? Just bring the check to Dallas and I will pick it up there.]

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep,
Elvis was holding the target!

I have a new bottle of scotch for ya mike!
clap

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!