THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sweet Deal on a Beautiful Searcy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweet Deal on a Beautiful Searcy
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Josh A.:
450, thanks for the help. I am going to take both rifles with me, but I am going to Namibia. Kavango if I remember right. My wife is backing me up with her 243 Kimber super America. Do you think she should shoot solids or softs?

I'll keep working on the 450-400 and the 470. If I can get either up 4" I'll be OK.

j

If your wife is good looking, please have her shoot 55 grain varmint bullets as a back up. Then she can run like hell when you get squashed and she and I can split your doubles between us.

signed: Francis Macomber

Big Grin

Posts: 7711 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now Judge that is just wrong. I have equipped her 243 with a bayonet so that she can charge the ele if I get in trouble.

My wife is very attractive but I warn all of you that she is mean as a snake. On a safari with me, her and an elephant; she's the toughest of the three.

By the way, she has made it clear that she would never give the the Macomber treatment in the back of the head, she has always promised to beat me to death with a shovel.

j

Posts: 304 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 01 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Josh

What game is the wife Planning on shooting with the 243?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
450, smaller plains game. Springbok, imppala, maybe kudu. I'll have to back her on anything very big, but she is pretty good about not shooting unless she is going to center-punch an animal.

Barnes triple shock bullets.

j

Posts: 304 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 01 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
450, thanks for the help. I am going to take both rifles with me, but I am going to Namibia. Kavango if I remember right. My wife is backing me up with her 243 Kimber super America. Do you think she should shoot solids or softs?

I'll keep working on the 450-400 and the 470. If I can get either up 4" I'll be OK.

j

Reducing velocity for your 470 and 450/400 loads will bring the POI up. So will a shorter front blade/bead.

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You guys are kidding, right? It may not appeal to you in the way it looks, but that knot has nothing to do with the strength of the stock. Especially in English/Turkish as opposed to black walnut.

Lots of critics that are neither buying nor building that rifle.

Don't like it, pass on it. I'll bet it sells eventually, which means someone else voted with their money and not just typed.

Its ok, lots of room for different tastes.

j

Excellent assessment. There is nothing wrong with the piece of wood in question. Rather, I think it is stunning!!

Posts: 61 | Location: Great White North | Registered: 10 May 2009Reply With Quote