THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    smooth is the word on the Searcy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

smooth is the word on the Searcy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
[URL= ]smooth[/URL]

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
[URL= ]smooth[/URL]

Gun may be smooth . . . but the loading/unloading technique of the operator . . . not so much. rotflmo

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[URL= ]smooth[/URL]

[URL= ]2[/URL]

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's cute Wink

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
This confirms my thoughts...

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1026 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Gun may be smooth . . . but the loading/unloading technique of the operator . . . not so much. rotflmo

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
- Blimey, he must be of his meds again... rotflmo

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Pondoro, yes he is.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
- Syphilis in a later state.. cuckoo ??

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
So I have not been a real frequent poster on the forums lately. But did the story ever come out on what failed with this rifle on his first hunt with it?

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:
So I have not been a real frequent poster on the forums lately. But did the story ever come out on what failed with this rifle on his first hunt with it?

I think WHO ... er, what, failed is obvious Mac!

Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The term "operator error" comes to mind.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Words of wisdom George!

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of you guys are dumb and some of you are boring.Some of you are both.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Is the screw slot on the top lever buggered or does it just appear that way in the video.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're not alone here, George. I've got your back. When I realized the great errors I've made in the world of double rifles, it was easier for me to see everyone else is wrong here on AR and you, and you alone, rule the double rifle knowledge roost.
I am proud to be in your circle even though I'm only worthy enough to be on the perimeter.
Cheers, mate.
Cal
PS. Like the song says, "You and me Against the World." Well, maybe not just you and me, I also put Biebs in as your (near) equal.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeBurke:
Is the screw slot on the top lever buggered or does it just appear that way in the video.

I'm sure George can tell us but I thought I recalled that his double "locked up" during his Elephant Safari and needed some camp "gunsmithing" to get it to load and fire.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your analysis may be correct George. I have always found you to be entertaining never boring.

I want to apologize for misleading you in the past especially when it came to your targets with one barrel shooting apart from the other leaving 2 holes a distance apart greater than the distance between the center lines of the barrels. Telling you that the term for the distance between those holes was technically called the "taint" was incorrect.

It is not for me to say whether or not your loading technique is smooth or your Searcy is smooth. I think your video speaks for itself.

Matt

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:

I think WHO ... er, what, failed is obvious Mac!

Whistling

I thought he said that it maybe locked up while ele hunting? Don't recall the details but for some reason he did not want to talk about it though. I don't get what is so hard about giving a honest review on a rifle.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Mac, asking anyone else on this forum for a honest rifle review wouldn't be hard at all.

Getting that from George ... coffee

Smiler

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
What would be the point of such a review? Sort of like getting a book review from someone that only looks at the pictures. To the extent the quality of a review is dependent on the quality of the reviewer, we are better off without the review candidly.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
the quality of a review is dependent on the quality of the reviewer

That applies for Rifles, Double Rifles, selecting the best cow out of the herd, or for that matter, ballerina pirouette techniques!

popcorn

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Sure sign that hunting season is either over or yet to begin - all over the world.

So we need some sort of distraction .... not quite entertainment ..... but amusing never the less!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote