Find
Notify
Tools

New Double!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
I am the proud owner of a brand new Chapuis 9.3X74R double that I got from Ken. He really picked me out a nice piece of wood. It handles and points like a shotgun but it has this funny little safety on it that you just click forward. Wink Have a few rounds loaded up and If the weather holds, I will give it a try this afternoon.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS Dave! beer

Ken is the best and those Chapuis 9.3x74R are sweet thangs! clap

Have fun tu2

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe after you have used that little safety you will see why some of us think the K-Gun safety(cocking piece) is so hideous!

Posts: 2830 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, if you're like most other owners of the Chapuis in 9.3x74R, you soon be using that as your primary hunting weapon. Not sure what it is, but folks seem to become very enamored of that rifle. Way to go!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome, good to hear. Hope you enjoy it.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 500 Fan
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave hows the finish on the stock now that you've had a chance to "play" with it?

rotflmo stir clap

The display of PURE POWER is nothing short of AWESOME !

1 JOHN 3:18

Posts: 327 | Location: The Beautiful Sandhills of America | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Congratz sounds like a nice gun!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

CONGRATS....finally got a REAL double rifle beer

Enjoy.

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I suspect it is a fake double with two triggers.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19314 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Dave!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats! tu2

Send pics!!!

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AzGuy:
Dave,

CONGRATS....finally got a REAL double rifle beer

Enjoy.

My thuughts exactly...+1 tu2

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do I detect a bit of Blaser-Bashing!!!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Do I detect a bit of Blaser-Bashing!!!

Anything bashing Big Grin

Remember, this is AR, the threads are the same,
we just substitute a different brand of DR or person Big Grin

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
He's going to be lost for a while w/o those extra buttons to push around..

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After lugging around his Blaser "Ball & Chain", Dave will think he got the high-tech, Titanium Strata Super-Lightweight version of a Chapuis!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, while I admit that he may not have to "use the force" to take the safety off, I bet it does NOT have ejectors, so Dave hasn't gone over to the dark side.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
I bet it does NOT have ejectors,

You might be surprised.. Most of them do!
I think he's found the light side and is leaving the dark force behind!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Well, while I admit that he may not have to "use the force" to take the safety off, I bet it does NOT have ejectors, so Dave hasn't gone over to the dark side.
Peter.

Peter, it does indeed have ejectors. Yikes!

Shot it yesterday. With my first hand loads, it was dead on at 25 meters but crossing just a bit so I have to slow it down a grain or two but I think it is going to be a super shooter.

It is really light and handy. It will be a joy to carry and recoil is very modest.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming this is a SxS DR. What "funny little safety"? Has the design been changed? My 2 Chapuis SxS DRs in 9.3 had a traditional manual tang safety. Have I missed something here?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Showbart:
I'm assuming this is a SxS DR. What "funny little safety"? Has the design been changed? My 2 Chapuis SxS DRs in 9.3 had a traditional manual tang safety. Have I missed something here?

Bart:

I was just joking about the safety. My other doubles are a Krieghoff and a Blaser. Understand?

For what it's worth, I am really impressed with the quality of this Chapuis and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. They are great guns.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, you'll push so hard from habit that you'll break it off!