Congratulations to Mr. Edward Scarboro

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Ok, is he one of us on AR?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
What was the winning number.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, he is an AR member.

Congrats you SOB for winning my rifle!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Congrats and I'm glad the winner is an AR member. Hope my 4 tickets help the team.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am one of us. I talked with Butch Searcy this morning after I got back to the office and saw the email. I told Butch I would use it on my next trip to Africa for Cape Buffalo. I just sold one of my Merkel 470's to make room for it.

Posts: 889 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You received numbers?

Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Scarboro:
Yes, I am one of us. I talked with Butch Searcy this morning after I got back to the office and saw the email. I told Butch I would use it on my next trip to Africa for Cape Buffalo. I just sold one of my Merkel 470's to make room for it.

Congratulations on your win!
I cannot begin to imagine how good you must feel!
Enjoy! tu2

Posts: 232 | Location: Queensland Australia | Registered: 04 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Good for you! Congratulations!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Great for you!! Now, don't let me fool you, i wish it was me .. but an AR winner is good enough!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38610 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good that an AR member won! I must expose a very disturbing bit of information. Myself and at least two other AR members sent in checks on or about Feb 19-21. At the time there were tickets available. Sent priority mail with one of the other members sent return receipt. NONE of the checks were ever cashed. I sent Butch two emails trying to get confirmation of receipt. Never got a response. I will stop payment on the checks Monday. If it was just me I would say the check was lost in the mail, but two others with the same MO and no response. Wondering if us Texas guys were blackballed???

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since I obviously didn't win, didn't get conformation of receipt from Butch, but did from the post office, and never received a number, I hope to receive my check back.
I understand the money is for a good cause, but I think the raffle could have been run in a bit more orthodox manner.
Maybe I'm just upset I didn't get one of Butch's rifles!
Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:

Congratulations beer Ed what was your winning number?

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wondering if us Texas guys were blackballed???

7Mag, I dropped my check off at the post office on Sunday the 14th and got the next to last ticket. I imagine there was a whole slew of checks in the pipeline. He probably could have sold 200 tickets. That's not a bad thing, as hopefully it will encourage another raffle at some point down the road, and again benefit a good cause too.

While I highly doubt the existance of an anti-Texas conspiracy, I'd be real careful about giving folks any ideas! Wink

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 812 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
The number was 49 and I mailed my check in the day after Butch posted the first announcement of the raffle.

Posts: 889 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:

With an accusation like that, if you weren't you should have been!!!! dancing

Seriously, with Butch involved do you really think something like that would happen? Gimmee a break.

Posts: 83 | Location: MT | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Ed, I know that you will get a lifetime of pleasure out of the rifle.

This just goes to prove that no good deed goes unpunished. Butch is doing a good deed for the softball team, giving folks a relatively cheap opportunity to participate in a relatively low odds, 1-in-100 chance raffle, and then folks want to complain and become conspiracy theorists.

Mike

Posts: 21386 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I'm simply glad that an AR member won! Congrats ED. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was about 20 checks sent in over the 100 #. In fact they got two more yesterday. All checks were sent back three days ago over the 100 mark. The checks were held in anticipation of some checks not clearing.
The raffle is over and I thank all that participated.
Has there been a Texan conspiracy without notifying me.HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most of the rifles I sell go to Texans.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn! My number was 53,oh so close Big Grin,when is next raffle?
Congratulations to Mr. Scarboro

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mac,
The number was 49 and I mailed my check in the day after Butch posted the first announcement of the raffle.

They sold fast! I mailed mine only about three days after you, and mine was 74!

As someone above said Butch could have sold 200 tickets easily. A better idea would be to sell the 100 tickets for $200 each, there by doubling the to funds raised, but still maintaning the 1 in 100 odds.

This raffel was a good deal over all, and for a good cause! Thanks Butch! tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Most likely you were. Be careful or we will cut our state in half thus making you the third largest stateSmiler

I proudly wear my tee shirt that has a picture of a bull moose screwing a texas long horn, and the caption says..... "Texas is Alaska's Bitch".

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Uh,, Hey WoLffie.. You know we just might want to wander down there somedy to shoot some porkers.. Be nice..
(at least til we're back) Wink j/k

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winner! Wonderful rifle, great cause.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congradulations Ed. Enjoy the rifle.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ed,

Congratulations!

I imagine you feel thunderstruck ... as I did when I won the raffle for the Ottmar rifle. Is a strange and WONDERFUL feeling Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Ed!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omnivorous_Bob:
quote:

7Mag, I dropped my check off at the post office on Sunday the 14th and got the next to last ticket.

Bob,

What was your ticket number? I got #S099 and figured that was the next to last one out of 100.

Or am I counting wrong? never have been very good at higher math Frowner

Roi

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
510, I stand corrected! I just checked my tickets and have #5097 and 5098.

Cheers,

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 812 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Thanks for letting me know Big Grin

I feel better now, though not as good as if I had been the winner.

Roi

DRSS member

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once again I'd like to thank all that participated. I will do two more next year for the same team plus our high school team. With the cut backs in our schools caused by the need of our liberal politicans to take care of the illegals there's no money for our kids.

One of Us
Picture of steve f
posted Hide Post
I look forward to participating in next years drawing also.

I think it is wonderful what you are doing for these kids and their teams !

SCI
DSC
NRA
NAHC
DRSS

Posts: 93 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:
Once again I'd like to thank all that participated. I will do two more next year for the same team plus our high school team. With the cut backs in our schools caused by the need of our liberal politicans to take care of the illegals there's no money for our kids.
Good for you Butch, nice that you can help. Put me down for tickets on the next one also.

Posts: 758 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Ed !!!

I am bummed I didn't win, but glad a fellow AR guy did!

...GO XPLOSION !!!!

Posts: 326 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch Searcy:

Butch,

You Da Man Big Grin make sure you let us know in advance. And I'll but a ticket (or 2 ?), after all one can never have enough (double) guns Cool

Roi

DRSS member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess what threw me was there were a few tickets left on the 20th Feb. and my check should have been delivered. Did not know they were already sold out. My apologies extended to Butch, hope you accept.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote