THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    What is your best 500NE hunting reloading load with the 570gr bullet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your best 500NE hunting reloading load with the 570gr bullet?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I checked the case length of the 500NE and it is the same as the Lott therefore I think my rock chucker will work fine-just have to get the bullet in the dye before placing the case in the shell-holder-I guess.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd
Will measure the gap and post, but as GEorge noted , I need to load the projectile into the seating die and then push the case up to get it to work. The larger press is just effortles.

George
Good to meet you as well at Reno in the CMS booth. I'm sure you will enjoy the double rIfle,
Especially in 500NE

Cheers

Nick

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nickh:
Todd
Will measure the gap and post, but as GEorge noted , I need to load the projectile into the seating die and then push the case up to get it to work. The larger press is just effortles.

Nick

Yea, I do that as well. I don't mind that so much. When I was using the Reloader Special, I had to angle the cartridge out each time by sliding the shell holder half way out. Only then could you remove the loaded round. That was just not workable. You could do it, and I loaded a couple of boxes that way, but it was a major PIA.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch contacted me and gave the load the rifle will be regulated with and the bullets used in that load.I will not post that load here since it is his.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by nickh:
Todd

Nick

Yea, I do that as well. I don't mind that so much. When I was using the Reloader Special, I had to angle the cartridge out each time by sliding the shell holder half way out. Only then could you remove the loaded round. That was just not workable. You could do it, and I loaded a couple of boxes that way, but it was a major PIA.

Todd,

When I had a Reloader Special I had the same problem when reloading 3 1/4" Nitro cases. For my RS, sliding the shell holder didn't work. I ended up just sitting the case on top of the shell holder. When the neck entered the neck portion of the seating die, the case was aligned and the bullets seated straight. They then just fell out when I lowered the ram but this technique didn't work with the 3 1/2" Nitro cases. In that case I simply removed the shell holder and set the case on top of the ram.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote